Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to guess everything is correct - I tested and rewired twice. Went ahead and ordered the suggested one and will cross my fingers as I'd rather not open this thing again.

Finally opened my reader and it is of course the GL3220 so that probably explains the trouble.

I had the same problem with that (GL3220), ordered the suggested Anker and my n3ds showed up fine in it.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
So has anyone happened to have gotten/tried the Startech FCREADMICRO3 at all?

Asking because i can't find the anker or tek republic readers anywhere in australia and it seems the sellers on amazon for those 2 don't ship to australia either. :(

But amazon has the startech one which [user]Avalynn[/user] mentioned a back on page 23 and that one does ship to australia and is pretty cheap too.

And every card reader i have here already refuses to work with my n3ds and work when the feel like it with my old3ds. :(

So hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get reader that works with all systems if i can.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-Memory-Reader-FCREADMICRO3/dp/B00DFVZOCA

If not, i might just take a chance and get it anyway and share my results. :)

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone happened to have gotten/tried the Startech FCREADMICRO3 at all?

Asking because i can't find the anker or tek republic readers anywhere in australia and it seems the sellers on amazon for those 2 don't ship to australia either. :(

But amazon has the startech one which [user]Avalynn[/user] mentioned a back on page 23 and that one does ship to australia and is pretty cheap too.

And every card reader i have here already refuses to work with my n3ds and work when the feel like it with my old3ds. :(

So hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get reader that works with all systems if i can.

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-Memory-Reader-FCREADMICRO3/dp/B00DFVZOCA

If not, i might just take a chance and get it anyway and share my results. :)

All I have is based on their website which states that hardware in use is the same controller as the Anker one a, Chipset ID: Realtek RTS5307. Though I am not sure what the firmware on it may be but there is a better chance that it should work as well as the Anker ones do as I bet it's just a generic controller produced and flashed by Realtek and companies just use them in their design. However I can't say for certain as I don't know what the reference design for this controller is and if they are following it, I can only assume. :(

So best of luck and I hope it works out, please do let us know though. So I can add that on the list of working SD Card readers. ^_^

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I think I'll just take a chance with it and order one, pull it apart when it gets here, take pics with my DSLR and also hope it works. :)

Probably take about a week to get here :/ But works out to about $15 which is alright.

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and updated the first post to include the pinouts for the N3DS as I recently got to work on one and take some nice photos of it all. I've also updated the SD card readers and do have another one I need to add but want to test more thoroughly first, it's another Anker, the 4 slot one. ;)

I'm not sure if I should add any information about connectors or making the SD adapters unless someone wants me to, I have images for that all as well. :ha:

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The clk from N3DS (not xl) is bad in the photo from first post, the correct is the pinout of the left, not of the right.
Hmm? do you mean the photo with all the pins or the alt clock point? the photo with all the pins the two squares on CLK are joined together.

zchtoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Guys, I'm only finding the RDP5 (without the K at the end). It has a green frame detail in it.
I'm not sure if RDP5K and RDP5 are the same thing (use the same chip).
%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%20Transcend%20TS-RDP5W%205-in-1%20USB%202.0.JPG
card_reader_rdp5_usb_2-500x500.0_black-1-500x500.jpg
Can anyone of you shed some light?

Thanks!
  • TS-RDP5K Black
  • TS-RDP5W White
i think this will help you

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend the transcend ones any more if you can help it as they don't work with one of the N3DS eMMC, though they still work find with the older 3DS's. I would suggest something with the Realtek RTS5306/7 controller if you can. ;)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't recommend the transcend ones any more if you can help it as they don't work with one of the N3DS eMMC, though they still work find with the older 3DS's. I would suggest something with the Realtek RTS5306/7 controller if you can. ;)
the trancend RDP8K works on all models, using ALCOR AU6476 chipset

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gamesquest1 and Avalynn, what about this one?
http://loja.memorytec.com.br/loja/p...pactflash_cf_microsdhc_microsd_memorystick_pr

It says it's TS-RDP8A. Do you guys believe this will work with N3DS? I already bought a TS-RDP5 and it didn't work :P (tell em about luck). It was revision 1.3...

Thanks!
well from the looks of it the A/W/K is relating to the color, although the one in that picture is black the same as "K" which is the one i have, it looks like its the same model, so it *might* work, but as we have already found with other readers, there can even be revisions on the exact same model # so even when a model has been tested and confirmed working its still not a 100% guarantee that every single revision of that specific model will work

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
well from the looks of it the A/W/K is relating to the color, although the one in that picture is black the same as "W" which is the one i have, it looks like its the same model, so it *might* work, but as we have already found with other readers, there can even be revisions on the exact same model # so even when a model has been tested and confirmed working its still not a 100% guarantee that every single revision of that specific model will work

Yeah!
That sucks... AHHAHAhAhA I'm gonna give it a shot anyway :P
Thx for the quick reply!

Avalynn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah!
That sucks... AHHAHAhAhA I'm gonna give it a shot anyway :P
Thx for the quick reply!
If/When you do get please let us know so I can update the thread accordingly to what we find out. It's all really a shot in the dark at times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1