Homebrew n00b question

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes you are right, there are regions of games. E is Europe, U is USA, J is Japan.

The differences in E and U are made by the developer, sometimes the Europe has more languages than USA version, sometimes they have different names, slightly different translations of English etc.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the only difference is the wifi. I'm not 100% positive, but if you have a E game and you select the region option or w/e it is, I'm pretty sure, that it'll search europe, so if your in America, there might be lag.

And everything xjonny said

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jgu1994 said:
I think the only difference is the wifi. I'm not 100% positive, but if you have a E game and you select the region option or w/e it is, I'm pretty sure, that it'll search europe, so if your in America, there might be lag.

And everything xjonny said

It also depends on the game. In Mario Kart DS for example, you could search continental or worldwide. It obviously took longer to search worldwide. Some games might just have continental/worldwide though.

fi3nom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick replies, I was going through a bunch of roms and I saw I have like 3 different versions of the same game taking up valuable HD space : )

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you can probably get rid of the ones you don't need in that case. Alternatively, if you compress them with 7zip it will automatically determine that they're virtually the same thing, so they will compress very well. I've seen 7zip files containing 10 different versions of the same SNES game, the entire thing taking up less than the size of a single one of them uncompressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: