OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
ZpqPSPo.png

And again, another "u wut" story, Myst, the adventure/puzzle game and one of the best selling PC games, is getting it's own TV series. Yeah, it's own TV series.

The announcement came by way of Deadline, which reported that original Myst studio Cyan Worlds has teamed up with Legendary Entertainment on the project. Cyan co-founder Rand Miller will be "creatively involved" with the series, according to the report, but it hasn't yet been decided whether it will be released as a traditional television show or digitally.

"Cyan’s goal in working with Legendary is not just to create a compelling TV drama but to develop a true transmedia product that will include a companion video game that extends the story across both media," Cyan said in a statement. "Seventy percent of tablet owners use their device while watching TV at least several times a week. Cyan sees the potential to push the boundaries of interactive storytelling to a new level."

First Tetris, and now Myst. It looks like people are looking to video games as a base for stories and shows. A good thing? Or will it suffer the plague of other video game movies/TV shows?

:arrow:Source

Reactions: BORTZ

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can barely remember this game lol ... but from what I do remember of it is this ....
I hated it , loved it , and couldn't get a enough of back in the day ( damn this makes me feel old , and I'm not that old )

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, If done correctly this could be a GREAT show. They could include all the games Myst, Riven , Exile and Revelation. It is actually a VERY good story line. I see the big problem being that it would have to be very slow to grow the story arcs the gain the true "feeling" of myst.

ILOVETOPLAYNESGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The books were excellent from what I remember. No pun intended (realized that it is about getting warped into books after typing...), there is a series I checked out from the library. Hopefully this will turn out as well or better.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't the first time they tried to develop a Myst TV series, may not be the last. There was a kinda recent attempt to make a movie, which I assume is dead. I'd be a surprised if this gets off the ground. But hey, if we get a new Myst game out of it then best of luck to them, hopefully it'll be any good.

This may seem overly pessimistic from a guy with a user name borrowed from a Myst novel, but I'm a realist.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Magical books that link to fantasy worlds is a better premise than many TV shows these days. Whether they can turn the IP into something worth watching is a different matter entirely...

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already did this several years back, it was called "LOST"... Seriously, though, did y'all know there were once plans to make a Myst-based attraction at Disney? Anyway, I love the Myst game series, but a TV show? I don't know. I suppose I'd give it a watch and see what they come up with.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The creator of Myst actually wrote some excellent novels set in the Myst universe. Lots of great lore and content that could easily be used for a TV show. Myst is a lot more than just the computer game you all remember. I recommend people read the books if they've got the time!

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The creator of Myst actually wrote some excellent novels set in the Myst universe. Lots of great lore and content that could easily be used for a TV show. Myst is a lot more than just the computer game you all remember. I recommend people read the books if they've got the time!
I was going to say the same but you beat me to it.
The novels were nice, they definitely had some of that "myst" feel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended