Hacking MySims Racing NTSC / PAL

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have read many people use soft mod to play this game but I have a Wii Key v2 and this is the first game of my region that I have had trouble with. I have a PAL Wii with 4.0E update. The Wii detects the game, and even starts the game but gets stuck on the first "Auto Saving" message that appears waiting for "A" to be pushed to continue but pushing "A" does nothing.

I have tried both the PAL and Wii version of the game and both have issues in the exact same spot.

Does anyone have any hints or suggestions as it would be greatly appreciated.

I have not soft modded and do nto wish to so if the only solution is to softmod then please say say and I will at least know to stop trying. (It is just weird this is the first PAL game I have ever had issues with)

Thanks in advance,

Zephyr

P.s. As a thought I noticed it never creates a save game file on the Wii. Could potentially placing someone else's save file there (PAL Version) get past this stuck screen? If anyone is willing to supply a PAL save file for the game I am willing to test.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also have a WiiKey v2 (Pal Wii v4.0E) and MySims Racing works perfectly from the disc channel. Maybe it is just a bad burn. Make sure to burn @ 4x. Some games can be very picky how fast they are burned.

The NTSC and PAL version work on my Wii from disc channel

I also have my wii softmodded.

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply.

I only EVER burns at 4x or lower. and use Verbatium -R's. Never had any trouble in the past. First game I have had issues with. It reads the disk fine but does not allow "A" to be pressed to continue. I have seen other members have the same issue....

Anyway, I will try with one final disc.

Weird that I have ahd the same issue with both NTSC and PAL version....

Anyway, I will see how I go with another burn.

***As expected another burn did not work. Still strange as this has never happened before with a hard mod PAL / PAL.

Fun_Zephyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah - I managed to get this to work.

The issue was I had a GameCube controller plugged in. If it is plugged in then the "A" to continue is green and with it out it is white.

I never knew that could cause such an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2