Hardware My wii u can't recognize my usb.

drash99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
After wup installation failure, I wanted to clean up the system and restart. So I made a savedata back up with my usb flashdrive. However, after formatting, wii u can't recognize my usb. Actually it recognizes my usb(Saying not to eject usb while power is on) but can't recognize usb filesystem. Is there any way to recover my save data?

Corredor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After wup installation failure, I wanted to clean up the system and restart. So I made a savedata back up with my usb flashdrive. However, after formatting, wii u can't recognize my usb. Actually it recognizes my usb(Saying not to eject usb while power is on) but can't recognize usb filesystem. Is there any way to recover my save data?
When you format the system, your Wii U USB seed, which is responsible to encrypt USB devices, is increased by one. You can recover your save data by dumping your OTP and SEEPROM (Nand Dumper or SEEPROM2SD and OTP2SD), decrypting your USB device with wfs-extract (also know as wfs-dumper) and injecting your save data with savemii or saviine.

Enviado de meu 6039J usando Tapatalk

Reactions: drash99

drash99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thanks! Problem solved!!

When you format the system, your Wii U USB seed, which is responsible to encrypt USB devices, is increased by one. You can recover your save data by dumping your OTP and SEEPROM (Nand Dumper or SEEPROM2SD and OTP2SD), decrypting your USB device with wfs-extract (also know as wfs-dumper) and injecting your save data with savemii or saviine.

Enviado de meu 6039J usando Tapatalk

Reactions: Corredor

drash99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
How much space does the dump need?
The whole drive capacity (320GB for me) or just the taken space (i.e 70GB on 320GB)?

thanks!

Sorry, but after extracting saves, I canceled extracting progress, so I can't answer your question..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr