Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
My Wii is hard-modded (you know, mod-chip, drive-chip however its called)
and soft-modded (you know, banner bomb, HBC, wads, cIOS, IOS...).

i did latest soft-mod 2 days ago using ModMii tool for PC etc...
Before that i had old mods installed on my Wii, it has problems because mods are outdated, but it worked normally, and Discs COULD be read when i put them in disc drive (say GameCube games, Wii games..but i have external HDD so i usually use drive for GameCube games) but now, after i hacked my Wii all over with new things, when i put any DVD in it (except original...duh!) it said:

-Well for Wii discs it said something like "ERROR 001, unauthorized device has been detected" etc... and i need to power off Wii by holding power button for 7-10 sec. (complete freeze)

-And as for GameCube discs, it loads the game credits, few sec. and than it said something like ""Please insert a Nintendo GameCube disc" ..or close the lid..idk, i cant remember, but the point is i cant run games from discs anymore..
i can install them via USB loader GX to external HDD directly from Wii (not via PC) if that info is useful.

Also, i don't know what Mod-Chip i got inside of Wii, but the guy i bought it from said its some cheapest, but it do the job (well not now! ...i really hope i can do something my self without bringing my Wii to a service)

So i appreciate if you guys can help me, please :)

Last edited by Metoroid0,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The laser is going bad. I had the same thing happen
I figured newer software (games and/or official IOSs) were detecting the modchip. I was PMing him and from the sounds of it he's running an older cheap modchip that he knows little about as he didn't install it. I've dealt with only a couple of Wii modchips, so I couldn't help him.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
I figured newer software (games and/or official IOSs) were detecting the modchip. I was PMing him and from the sounds of it he's running an older cheap modchip that he knows little about as he didn't install it. I've dealt with only a couple of Wii modchips, so I couldn't help him.
Yes that, hatks for understanding. @atkfromabove its not laser because it was working fine and it still is if you read my post where i said that GC games load but that at some point it sait to close the lid, but Wii games go error 001... i must open up my wii and see what modchip i got and if someone has solution untill i open it up please, post here. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes that, hatks for understanding. @atkfromabove you had 001 error? its not laser in my case, because it was working fine and it still is if you read my post where i said that GC games load but that at some point it sait to close the lid, but Wii games go error 001... i must open up my wii and see what modchip i got and if someone has solution untill i open it up please, post here. :)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that, hatks for understanding. @atkfromabove its not laser because it was working fine and it still is if you read my post where i said that GC games load but that at some point it sait to close the lid, but Wii games go error 001... i must open up my wii and see what modchip i got and if someone has solution untill i open it up please, post here. :)
Well, the laser could be going bad, it's not uncommon with Wiis. Still, if you can still dump your discs just fine with USB Loader GX, then that gives you a work around and some confidence the laser is still fine.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
OP
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Well, the laser could be going bad, it's not uncommon with Wiis. Still, if you can still dump your discs just fine with USB Loader GX, then that gives you a work around and some confidence the laser is still fine.
the laser IS fine, and i think i wrote that up there saying that i can dump games from wii to external HDD.
Also the laser is almost unused, its like new.

I am now going to open up my wii to find mod chip model

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had the same thing happen to my wii. I thought it wasn't the laser either but I replaced it and it fixed the problem. You could try to load up MIOS v4 that has helped some people with their game disc errors.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s