OP
Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everybody I've been reading forums about black & white, mainly about how to make them work properly on emulators. Which caught my eye the most was this No$gba topic and how the peoples on that thread was trying to find a save fix for the emulator.

...To be completely honest, I'll rather prefer no$gba over desmume anytime and I can't wait until they, until somebody finally find one. I've been no$gba for so long I never even gave it consideration of downloading other NDS emus...but since you can't save on it...YET; and I use that word strongly, I decided to swallow my proud and use the desmume. Oh, the irony!
blink.gif

...I've been usin'...as much I dread saying its name...'desmume'...For awhile now, I had no idea that it would run so very slow...and I mean, REALLY slow...

After reading a couple of forums on how to speed it up (which basically only increased the speed of the emulator slightly)...I've figured out a way, my own way, how to make it run faster...no lag in the music or nuthin.

First you'll have to make sure nothing up, besides the emulator; that mean no other browsers can be up beside the emulator (cuz, it's that pathetic) also you cannot still be connected to the internet...no lie; it'll still lag if you're still connected. That's how it does with me.

Anyways, after that set your settings to these commands:
On the 3D setting use the Open GL

On the sound settings: Over the Synchronization Mode click Dual SPU Synch/Asynch, leave advanced spu logic unmarked. Next decrease the buffer size to at least 5000 or less. Also, make sure your interpolation's on None (fastest, sounds bad) and leave everything else untouched.

Moving to emulator settings
Under the Bios section click 'Use external Bios images'
Under that scroll down and find Emulate SWIs with Bios images, click it...Also under that, click the Patch Delayloop SWI (speed hack) as well
As for everything else...leave it unmarked.

Now, to the Configuration section
Well...I never really had problem with the overworld, it was the battles that always lagged with me.
Okay, under Frame Skip set it to 4 or more...Also, I don't think it really matters if you check limit framerate or Auto-minimize skipping, but I've never marked them before...so, yeah...

Alright, after that go straight down to Display Method and click Directdraw HW and there...you're game should run smoothly.
yaynds.gif

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part, once you bring your emulator up you'll gonna have to stretch it out a bit...Um, well, it should look something like this:

desmume.jpg
By the way, if you done this correctly, the intro part won't be lagging serverly anymore.

Well, I hope this work for you all. It sped up the Pokemon/Wild Battle on my emulator.

Here's a few more things I learnt from a youtube video I saw.

You can add more speed to your desmume by downloading game booster 2 to temporarily stop programs in the background, don't worry you can switch it back and forth.

Click Here to Download Game Booster 2

Plus if you (and you have to do this while desmume's up) right-click the taskbar and click task manager, find desmume over image name and right-click desmume then click set priority. After that, find and click high priority. Remember to use game booster 2 first, before doing all of this. You game should at least get 55-62 fps during battles and maybe 49-58 fps while walking on the over world, well, that’s how it is for my computer.

Until then, ciao

Reactions: 1 person

dansparrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have to say it, this actually works. I had a pretty good speed anyway, but with this I can go over 55 FPS all the time, even outside with climatic effects. Not bad, not bad at all.

Twanny Bizzle-Th

OP
Trophies
Somewhere pulling my pants up. I need a belt. :\
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dansparrow said:
I have to say it, this actually works. I had a pretty good speed anyway, but with this I can go over 55 FPS all the time, even outside with climatic effects. Not bad, not bad at all.
hey, what can I say...it took a while to find these settings, but I did.

sK MaGiik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twanny Bizzle-The Bandit said:
here's my computer specs:

systemx.jpg

sorry, I know the pic's a little iffy, but it couldn't be helped. soooo....yeah.
I get the same fps with only 3/4 GB of ram, how come yours isnt higher... maybe desmume cant access that much ram... hmmm.

sporadic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's quite possible that he has an integrated graphics card and you don't, which would definitely affect performance.

ImNotLikeYou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing x64 computers can run DesMuMe fine? Before I got my new 64bit computer, (which runs DesMuMe completely fine) my old 86bit computer ran it slow too.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
I find this works best, and for any emulator/program too.

Open Task Manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), go to the "Processes" tab, right click the program you want to speed up and "Set Priority" to "Above Normal".

Basically it means that it gets to use your CPU ahead of any other non-important programs you may have open. This way you can leave stuff like web browsers and still get decent speed.

Be careful with it tho, doing it for to many things at once or using "High" and "Realtime" priorities can lock up your system.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing x64 computers can run DesMuMe fine? Before I got my new 64bit computer, (which runs DesMuMe completely fine) my old 86bit computer ran it slow too.
Okay this is an old thread, but that has nothing to do with it as Desmume is a 32-bit program. It's that modern 64-bit processors are faster than older 32-bit ones. Not because of the bits, but because of the age. A Nascar car from 1990 is slower than one from 2012, after all.

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
This tutorial works in each game or emulator (or whatever):
Download CheatEngine... Install it, open it...
Now set the target to the *.exe you want (in this case desmume.exe)
Now you can use the SPEED HACK!!

Even Diablo 3 can be played 10 times faster than normal (online!!)
But be carful, these things are not welcome :)

Edit:\ Setting the speed way to high crashes the ganme to be honest :)

hockeygirl39

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a way to save on NO$GBA! watch this vid, I know its not good quality but I am able to save on pokemon. I don't know what games you play but it might work for you too.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
i found a way to save on NO$GBA! watch this vid, I know its not good quality but I am able to save on pokemon. I don't know what games you play but it might work for you too.
A video from 2008, really? It's 2013, both emulators have been updated multiple times and load and save most ROMs without issue now.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.