Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
But you don't have to hack it to move it to the top.
Why is that relevant?
Because jailbreaking's effects don't count for apple. They had nothing to do with it.
So? Apple not contributing to it doesn't change the fact that it exists and improves the device.
This is about apple haters, not apple+hacker haters. It may improve the devices' functionality, but underneath it, there's still paranoid apple bullshit.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
This is about apple haters, not apple+hacker haters. It may improve the devices' functionality, but underneath it, there's still paranoid apple bullshit.
In other words, you're basing your opinion on the product entirely on specific—let's say mannerisms—of the manufacturer rather than qualities of the product itself which are actually relevant?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
In other words, you're basing your opinion on the product entirely on specific—let's say mannerisms—of the manufacturer rather than qualities of the product itself which are actually relevant?
Yes. If someone creates a product for windows that lets you unlock some amazing functionality does that make windows better?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Yes. If someone creates a product for windows that lets you unlock some amazing functionality does that make windows better?
Of course it does. That's exactly why Windows is better for most people: it has a lot of applications that don't run any other operating system.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Are you telling me you would use a computing platform without any third-party software support?

I assume you get all your work done in IE, Notepad, and Minesweeper
tpi.gif

ImperialX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow...I leave for a day and now this has 11 pages. Compared to my rant against the fanboys, it seems that this thread has by far more replies. Says a lot about this community in terms of the ratio between haters and fanboys. ^_-

Anyway, I think I'm going to sit back and see where this goes.

P.S. For those of you who can't find it, the rant against fanboys is here: http://gbatemp.net/t241223-my-rant-to-apple-fanboys

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Are you telling me you would use a computing platform without any third-party software support?

I assume you get all your work done in IE, Notepad, and Minesweeper
tpi.gif
I'm saying that I don't hate the products, I hate Apple. I didn't say that, but does that make what microsoft did better? A better example would be does the person who invented the wheel deserve credit for the whole fucking car?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
does that make what microsoft did better?
Yes.
Does it make what the actual company themselves did change at all, though? Underneath it's still windows with some new program.
I don't really care who contributed to which aspects. It simply makes it a better product.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
does that make what microsoft did better?
Yes.
Does it make what the actual company themselves did change at all, though? Underneath it's still windows with some new program.
I don't really care who contributed to which aspects. It simply makes it a better product.
Even AT&T hates Apple. http://gizmodo.com/5590974/how-att-wanted-...izon-iphone-yet The average person will never hear of blackra1n or any other jailbreak, therefore the average product is a shitty mp3 player that you must use the worst media player ever to get anything out of.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
The average person will never hear of blackra1n or any other jailbreak, therefore the average product is a shitty mp3 player that you must use the worst media player ever to get anything out of.
Why should I, or anyone in this thread care about what the "average person" makes of their electronics?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
The average person will never hear of blackra1n or any other jailbreak, therefore the average product is a shitty mp3 player that you must use the worst media player ever to get anything out of.
Why should I, or anyone in this thread care about what the "average person" makes of their electronics?
Because it changes the value of the product. Underneath it's still shit with software made by other people slapped on top.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Because it changes the value of the product. Underneath it's still shit with software made by other people slapped on top.
For what reasons exactly do you think it's "shit."

I'd also go as far to say the "average person" prefers a prettier and more intuitive interface over OOTB improved customization, thus making iOS better suited for such a person than Android.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
For what reasons exactly do you think it's "shit."

I'd also go as far to say the "average person" prefers a prettier and more intuitive interface over OOTB improved customization, thus making iOS better suited for such a person than Android.
Who the fuck are you basing this off of? I don't know anyone without a custom background on their pc. You don't have to customize if you don't want to. It's shit because iTunes is the only thing you can use to get your songs on it, the app store has nothing worth while on it, and apple has a tendency to rip people off. (500 hundred usd for a giant ipod? No thanks.)

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
Who the fuck are you basing this off of? I don't know anyone without a custom background on their pc. You don't have to customize if you don't want to. It's shit because iTunes is the only thing you can use to get your songs on it, the app store has nothing worth while on it, and apple has a tendency to rip people off. (500 hundred usd for a giant ipod? No thanks.)
So you're equating the lack of customization parity between stock iOS and Android to someone changing their wallpaper? lol.

As far as iTunes is concerned, in what sense do its music transferal capabilities fail? I completely understand and share your views on the application as a media player, but (as I've mentioned previously) for simply transferring music it works fine. On the AppStore, I disagree completely. In my library I have fantastic documents readers, VNC/RDP clients, optimized API clients for specific sites (eBay, PayPal, and TWiT I use most frequently), media streamers, among many other things. Would you care to elaborate on what types of "worthwhile" applications you'd expect?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
So you're equating the lack of customization parity between stock iOS and Android to someone changing their wallpaper? lol.

As far as iTunes is concerned, in what sense do its music transferal capabilities fail? I completely understand and share your views on the application as a media player, but (as I've mentioned previously) for simply transferring music it works fine. On the AppStore, I disagree completely. In my library I have fantastic documents readers, VNC/RDP clients, optimized API clients for specific sites (eBay, PayPal, and TWiT I use most frequently), media streamers, among many other things. Would you care to elaborate on what types of "worthwhile" applications you'd expect?
Emulators, FUCKING WALLPAPERS, a way to watch videos online on something other than youtube, sbsettings, overboard, free update, making apps on a pc, etc.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:

Emulators, FUCKING WALLPAPERS, a way to watch videos online on something other than youtube, sbsettings, overboard, free update, making apps on a pc, etc.
Both wallpapers and video streaming apps are present in the App Store, fyi.

That being said, you're saying all software in existence that doesn't fall within those you just named in that sentence aren't worth having?

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just don't understand why anyone would spend so much on a limited ipad when for an extra £30 (GBP) you could get a HP touchscreen, which is essentially a full computer and the same size. You can just do so much more for that little bit of extra money.

I also wish to state the ipods are the worse MP3 players to ever exist. I had the 1st gen Archos players (which were just incredible for the time, though they were heavy) and 1st gen ipods, and the ipod was just so limited.

Also the fact you had to change all your formats from mp3, as well as NEVER being able to really get music back off the ipod unless you pay a lot of money. My friends ipod touch crashed and he had brought a lot of albums from the apply store. He was forced to reset his ipod touch but could not get back the music he paid for and had to pay for it again... Unlike on xbox live where if you deleted something you pay for, you can always get it back for free.

Apple just sucks so hard in these cases.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
chao1212 said:
Urza said:
chao1212 said:

Both wallpapers and video streaming apps are present in the App Store, fyi.

That being said, you're saying all software in existence that doesn't fall within those you just named in that sentence aren't worth having?
Are you saying that you'd have an iPod for something other than music without those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1