Hardware My psp charger port is F***ed

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i think my psp charger port is messed up. i plug in a charger in my psp and it don't work(it is a working charger at that.) how much would fixing it cost(i think i fryed the charger port.) its not a blown fuse the psp turns on and turns off. any help would be appreciated.

also if it can be fixed can some one give me a guide or video?

oh and if it makes a difference my psp is a 1000

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Tried seeing if the port still works for opening up the psp ? Try opening the psp without the battery and with the adapter inserted & see what happens.

Incase the port is really messed up then you will need to get a new one like this . The replacement process is relatively simple if you are used to opening electronic devices . Just unscrew 5 screws , remove some parts from your way , unplug the old one , plug the new one & close it up. Just check a video on youtube to see if you can do it or no.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a vid on disassembly and it seems pretty simple(the only think i've taken apart was a ps2(was already broken.))

the way i see it is my psp can only get worse and since i'll be opening it i can clean my analog stick as well(though i have mixed feelings on how it will go repairwise)

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well I checked around and I am nearly sure its either the port like you said or the power fuse. It seems that in some cases the power fuse only prevent the ac adapter from working while leaving the psp open & close.

Anyway now you got 3 options.
1. Take to someplace to get fixed also it will cost you atleast 10-20$.
2. Get a psp battery charger & use it to do the charging.
3. Try fixing it by yourself (which is easy if its the port or hard if its the fuse).

If you want to fix it yourself you already know what to do if its the port & if its the fuse then follow this http://www.llamma.com/PSP/repair/PSP_fuse_repair.htm . The last one is the fuse you need to check.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol