Hardware My Nintendo Switch is Bricked ? ( Stuck on the Boot Screen )

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then maybe try putting something in. :ninja:

I Try with one microSD, but don't work D:

Yeah, I know, that's why I said the store, meaning where he bought it, not Nintendo.

Hmm, if Amazon doesn't ship to you, try Aliexpress then.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...al-Sponge-For-Switch-Joy-Con/32811465858.html
Judging from the review, it seems good.

Thanks xD

At least try contacting Nintendo or look up the solution online friend. If it was me, warranty or not, I'd tear it down to pieces if thats what I gotta do.
Hope you can get it fixed.

how do I contact a Nintendo for online service ?

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Couldn't you send it back to the store where you bought it? It should still be under warranty and the store should have the responsibility to fix / replace it, whether they are Nintendo or not.
Not necessarily -- there's return policies and exchange policies. Some manufacturers do authorize retailers to do over-the-counter exchange within the manufacturer's warranty; and some don't. But at the store I work at we can send it out to the manufacturer for repair but in most cases repairing and replacing isn't our job.

D

Deleted User

You should look for an NC Games store near you.
They officially sell Nintendo Games and Hardware in Brazil. Maybe they can send it for repair?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Go to the nintendo website, go to support for your country and find a phone number. :P

Thanks ^^
For now I tried to do something I saw in some video on youtube that worked for him, I left the Switch stuck in that Nintendo Switch logo until it uncharge and now

I'm waiting for him to fully charge to try to turn it on

I was just in doubt whether I should wait a while before loading or should I charge right after the console uncharge, the video that I thought the guy waited for a week to load the Switch again, but I do not think that changes anything really

You should look for an NC Games store near you.
They officially sell Nintendo Games and Hardware in Brazil. Maybe they can send it for repair?

Unfortunately no, as far as I know they only sell a few games here (and for an absurd price), they are not responsible for the consoles themselves and do not even sell Nintendo Switch here, they are just resellers of some games.

uvapotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Swith is in the same situation here in Brazil, the resealers offer only 3months of warranty
Contact nintendo in Brazil won't help, they will respond you saying they sorry, with a email about a oficial repair company in São Paulo, but the email and phone of this company doesn't work anymore.

I just bought the screwdriver to open it and unplug the battery, just waiting to arrive
I already bought another Switch, my hope it's old turn on at least one time so i can transfer my account to new one (it turned on some times after the first error)
Then one day send to some friend in a country with Nintendo representation.

Attachments

• IMG_1313.JPG
    IMG_1313.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 779

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My Swith is in the same situation here in Brazil, the resealers offer only 3months of warranty
Contact nintendo in Brazil won't help, they will respond you saying they sorry, with a email about a oficial repair company in São Paulo, but the email and phone of this company doesn't work anymore.

I just bought the screwdriver to open it and unplug the battery, just waiting to arrive
I already bought another Switch, my hope it's old turn on at least one time so i can transfer my account to new one (it turned on some times after the first error)
Then one day send to some friend in a country with Nintendo representation.

Você também é do Brasil ?, pelo que vi na imagem não é ''exatamente o mesmo erro'' do meu, acho quê talvez você consiga entrar no Recovery Mode ai, além disso, você comprou outro Switch ?, o quê você fez com o antigo ?

uvapotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Você também é do Brasil ?, pelo que vi na imagem não é ''exatamente o mesmo erro'' do meu, acho quê talvez você consiga entrar no Recovery Mode ai, além disso, você comprou outro Switch ?, o quê você fez com o antigo ?

Comprei um novo e to jogando Mario, o antigo as vezes ligava, se deixar muito muito tempo sem mexer as vezes ele ligava mas depois da erro e força desligar, to na esperança que ele ligue 1x pelo menos pra passar a conta com os jogos e meus saves antigos, esse erro ai foi depois de atualizar pra 4.0.1(em uma vez que ligou atualizei), antes ele ficava igual o seu. Agora dá tela laranja.
Ainda vou ver o que vou fazer do antigo no final das contas.
E cuidado com falar português aqui que pode levar advertência, a língua permitida é só inglês

I explained in portuguese what happened to my switch, that gives an error but sometimes after a long time off, its completes the boot, but now after the 4.0.1 it stucks in a orange screen after the nintendo logo.

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Comprei um novo e to jogando Mario, o antigo as vezes ligava, se deixar muito muito tempo sem mexer as vezes ele ligava mas depois da erro e força desligar, to na esperança que ele ligue 1x pelo menos pra passar a conta com os jogos e meus saves antigos, esse erro ai foi depois de atualizar pra 4.0.1(em uma vez que ligou atualizei), antes ele ficava igual o seu. Agora dá tela laranja.
Ainda vou ver o que vou fazer do antigo no final das contas.
E cuidado com falar português aqui que pode levar advertência, a língua permitida é só inglês

I explained in portuguese what happened to my switch, that gives an error but sometimes after a long time off, its completes the boot, but now after the 4.0.1 it stucks in a orange screen after the nintendo logo.

Thanks xD
Sobre o seu Switch antigo, eu tava pensando, não estaria interessado em vender as peças dele ?, eu não sei o quê exatamente está causando o problema no meu Switch

Back to English

But... If I change the '' NAND - FLASH MEMORYH '' maybe it will return to normal?
I'm kind of running out of options here...

PTKickass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My Switch had the same problem, and funnily enough, it only happened after I played BOTW.
Anyway, I had to send the console to Nintendo, which repaired the console, saying that the main board was faulty.

While I had the Switch, if I left it on while on the console logo, came back one day later, and rebooted it, it would boot, but pressing the POWER button again, it would throw me an error screen, and get stuck on a bootloop again.
You could try re-inserting the battery as suggested to see if it helps, but the only way I got it fixed was by sending it to Nintendo (still had the warranty).

Prizm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting that a game could completely disable the Switch. Sounds like copy protection gone amok. This is assuming there's nothing dodgy going on here.

You could still ask Nintendo and see what they say. You're not the only person that would have an overseas Switch.
The nVidia Shield is not officially sold in my country, but nVidia were happy to replace my faulty remote.

Last edited by Prizm,

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to resurrect the topic, I sold my switch brickado a long time (and to this day I could not get money to get another...)

But a friend of mine is having the exact same problem, is there a solution to this already?, I kind of don't know ... force an update with files on MicroSD?

babalaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I was glad finding a thread where the exact same issue is described as my switch shows. It is bricked during the boot as shown in the video. None of the explained solutions above do help. I´m from Germany and today is sunday so no Nintendo support available. I gonna do this tomorrow and give a feedback here as unfortunately there is still no solution available.

Like it has been described answers above there is nothing that can be done with recovery menu or anything else. It always ends up in the bricked screen. It also popped out of nothing during playing minecraft. No SDcard inserted.

Reactions: Moon164

babalaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I was glad finding a thread where the exact same issue is described as my switch shows. It is bricked during the boot as shown in the video. None of the explained solutions above do help. I´m from Germany and today is sunday so no Nintendo support available. I gonna do this tomorrow and give a feedback here as unfortunately there is still no solution available.

Like it has been described answers above there is nothing that can be done with recovery menu or anything else. It always ends up in the bricked screen. It also popped out of nothing during playing minecraft. No SDcard inserted.

So, the switch had been sent to the repair service from Nintendo. They said it was bended. They gave the option to either send it back unrepaired or to replace it by a repaired switch which of course I need to pay. Guarantee doesn´t apply as it was damaged so it was no failure of the platine itselfbut a result of the bending. shame. As there were no feasible options we chose the replacement option. another board to be replaced on my own wasn´t really cheaper and who tells me it works then properly.

KayKay87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m having this issue right now. And I just bought my switch today. Can’t get into recovery mode. Stuck on the switch logo. Very frustrated. :(

acidcoolxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have the same issue. You can try to boot android or linux on the console. After you installed the OS look if your have wifi
available. If not its a broken wifi CHIP.

Rokudze

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have the same issue. You can try to boot android or linux on the console. After you installed the OS look if your have wifi
available. If not its a broken wifi CHIP.
Sorry for necroposting, but you did you mean that CFW can repair Switch? At least run for backup?

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for necroposting, but you did you mean that CFW can repair Switch? At least run for backup?
Maybe... It all depends on why it's bricked. Three's a fuse count of the firmware has been lowered.

Step 1 is to see if you can launch a payload Hekate. If you can do that then it's probably either a corrupt and. Or the firmware doesn't match the fuse count. Or something I don't know about.

Firmware is an easy fix. Just run the latest cfw (atmosphere) and update using daybreak. It might even boot using stock once you do that. You may get banned I'm not sure what the ban risks are. My best guess is you won't.

A corrupt nand is harder but I have seen a clone of another nand working using exosphere. But whatever you do you need to stay offline once this is working. I don't want to advise too much about using this method because I've never done it. I've seen it done... And think I could do it. But it's a little harder than just hacking a switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night