Gaming My LittleBigPlanet 3 game is FULL of bugs

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if the game was distributed this incomplete or if I'm just the black sheep in the heard but my game is full of bugs to the point where it actually reduces the game's playability

I bought my PS4 just under a month ago in a bundle with The Last of Us, Drive Club, and LittleBigPlanet 3

The box for the latter game was smashed but I didn't pay too much attention to it thinking it was just a bumpy ride when shipping to the store I bought it from

So yeah I can't tell if I'm as unlucky as that fella with the HILARIOUSLY screwed up copy of Smash Bros Wii U

Basically the 'bugs' I'm experiencing are:
  • Some textures not loading, so the objects they're meant to wrap are completely green
  • A sort of no-clip effect. Walking through walls, falling through the ground, falling off the whole map and entering this grey void, etc.
  • Falling into an object that is obviously meant to kill me; (that grey poisonous sludge in LBP, an electric/zapping platform, etc.) and while player 2 in co-op would die, I sometimes wouldn't. Then getting out of that pit is really difficult cos I'm meant to die and respawn elsewhere so I often just restart the level
There may be more but I can't remember off the top of my head

Before anyone asks yes I am on the latest update which claims "bug fixes" but it hasn't done anything

froatsnook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just you. I had a HORRIBLY buggy experience. I played LBP1 and LBP2 with 3 buddies. They wouldn't come over to finish LBP3 because of the bugs :(.

Don't forget that you can kill yourself in the popup menu. You'll go to the last checkpoint instead of restarting the level.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not just you. I had a HORRIBLY buggy experience. I played LBP1 and LBP2 with 3 buddies. They wouldn't come over to finish LBP3 because of the bugs :(.

Don't forget that you can kill yourself in the popup menu. You'll go to the last checkpoint instead of restarting the level.
True, but it's annoying as hell when you're trying to achieve the 'No Lives Lost' achievement but then you fall through floor or walk through a wall to some place you can't get out of and are forced to die

I can't believe this buggy mess. I get that a lot of companies unfortunately have a "release now, fix later" mentality but it's been like... 9 months. I don't think "fix later" is ever gonna happen

Sorry about your friends mate :( I know how fun local co-op can be

Reactions: froatsnook

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end