Gaming My happy sad 3DS reality

HiroshiYamauchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just ordered my Nintendo 3DS + Super Street Fighter IV on Amazon and i'm quite happy with it. But now comes the sad side of the story, i hear people complaining about the 3DS's price tag of $249,99, but man, i've just paid $651.61 for the Nintendo 3DS+SSF IV 3D+shipping+import fees deposit. That's alright, you may think, because i'm importing the damn thing, i have to pay for all the taxes, alright? Right, but the saddest part of all is that even at that price i'm completely sure that it's less than the Nintendo 3DS's official price will be once released in my country. That's why sucks to be a gamer here in Brazil...

Happy gaming for all.
yaynds.gif

HiroshiYamauchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know, but you know how much i paid for the import fees deposit? $317.66. That's how much Brazil customs probably will charge me for importing such items, if they don't, Amazon will give my money back, but i'm completely sure that it won't happen...

D

Deleted-273695

ZeroDeception said:
Yikes, talk about a dedicated Nintendo fan, they should put a picture of you on the box!
A pic of the 3DS open and him smiling with a thumbs up on the screen!

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
He shouldn't, but he will >-p
Games here are just toooooooooooooooooo expensive. Mario Kart DS, for example, is around R$ 139,90 (with discount), which is something like U$ 85,30. And this is an old game...

And Amazon buyings are always taxed here. High taxed, btw (60% of the total price, including the shipping).

HiroshiYamauchi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oceanborn712 said:
How did you get it to be that expensive? 3DS + 3 games + shipping + fee depot cost me 351.99€, that's $495.44

Here are the details:

Subtotal of Items: $289.98 (Nintendo 3DS $249.99 + SSF IV $39.99)
Shipping & Handling: $43.97
Import Fees Deposit: $317.66
------
Total for this Order: $651.61

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Nathan Drake said:
Just remember that you'll have to import all of your games too due to the region lock.
Not really.

I'm pretty sure south american games come from Nintendo America, so they are USA region.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HiroshiYamauchi said:
Oceanborn712 said:
How did you get it to be that expensive? 3DS + 3 games + shipping + fee depot cost me 351.99€, that's $495.44

Here are the details:

Subtotal of Items: $289.98 (Nintendo 3DS $249.99 + SSF IV $39.99)
Shipping & Handling: $43.97
Import Fees Deposit: $317.66
------
Total for this Order: $651.61
Wtf how can it be that the import fees cost more than the actuall item you bought? o.O

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's Brazil... =)

But seriously... there's something wrong with this... even with the fees, the price is TOO high...

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
You would have been better off taking a flight to new york or somewhere and buying the damn thing...

Would probably have cost you less and you get to spend time in New York. win win! lol, my logic may be wrong though so correct me
smile.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should have bought it on ebay. Besides the cheapier shipping, you would paid less taxes (amazon uses courier services, which besides the 60% import tax, pays ICMS tax according to your state).

And of course, if you were lucky, the ebay 3DS could be not taxed (I had a DS Lite and a PSP 3000 not taxed btw
tongue.gif
).

EDIT: Or using one of parcel rerouting services.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
He payed that cause that's the reality of gaming on South America. If you import something, you have to pay 50% tax over the total! a 3DS costs here in Argentina around 400 dollars (without anything more than the console itself) or 375 if you import it...

It sucks badly, plus think, here in argentina the national currency is the Peso Argentino. 1 dollar = 4 pesos. So a 3DS costs us 1000 pesos without any tax. Or 1500 pesos with tax. It's like if you payed 1000 dollars for the damn thing... it's a rip off...

The taxes are very high and they are barely used in anything... public education sucks, public services suck, the goverment is abscent...

Tl, Dr, welcome to the third world
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
NiGHtS said:
You would have been better off taking a flight to new york or somewhere and buying the damn thing...

Would probably have cost you less and you get to spend time in New York. win win! lol, my logic may be wrong though so correct me
smile.gif

The flight to New York and back would most likely cost upwards of $1500 to $2000 USD (rising fuel prices aren't helping ticket prices). You then pay $250 for the 3DS and nothing else. Instead of $650, you just spent as much as $2250.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end