Hardware My Google nexus 7 2013 gets hot near the camera,is that normal?

p3rand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
portfolio.al
XP
Country
Albania
Hi all !
I just bought a new Google nexus 7 2013
But after just playing 5min of the game subway surfer the tablet becomes hot near the camera is that normal?
Also even web browsing the web over WiFi it gets a little hot in the same spot ,not hot like playing games but still hot!
Did this happen to you also? Or I shall return it?!
Thnx in advance

Edit: on a 30min play with the game (subway surfer) i got a 31* celsius battery temperature

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sounds like that's where the SoC is located. It's normal for the SoC to heat up when being tasked (and internet browsing does task the SoC).

Look up reviews of the Nexus 7 to see if anybody else is having the same issue. That will tell you for sure.

Reactions: p3rand0r

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The more power you ask from the device, the more it gives, the more it electricity it needs to perform what you want.
It's normal.
Me S4 also heats up a bit if I do a lot of things at once.

p3rand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
portfolio.al
XP
Country
Albania
My N7 (2013) gets hot (on high performance games) on the "S" of NEXUS.

are you running a stock rom?

Well my google nexus become hot just down the fron camera , like 0.5-1cm down , yes im using the stock rom
i have also send a email to asus but still nothing ( and i dont thing they will ever reply)

Sounds like that's where the SoC is located. It's normal for the SoC to heat up when being tasked (and internet browsing does task the SoC).

Look up reviews of the Nexus 7 to see if anybody else is having the same issue. That will tell you for sure.

i have tried , but no word about this, or the other users where having extreme heat and this is not my case.. :O

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
That's normal.

Also, literally just googling "Nexus 7's high temperature" gave me tons of results about it, and it appears that the max temp the Nexus 7 is able to tolerate is around 100C, so 30C is absolutely nothing to worry about.

p3rand0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
portfolio.al
XP
Country
Albania
That's normal.

Also, literally just googling "Nexus 7's high temperature" gave me tons of results about it, and it appears that the max temp the Nexus 7 is able to tolerate is around 100C, so 30C is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Well thank you sir ( and all the parcetipans on this thread) maybe i was to specific on my google search as i was searching for " google nexus 2013 getting hot "
Thnx again :lol:

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nexus 4 here and yes it gets hot near the camera. Its perfectly normal for any device to heat up when your tasking them (Playing games, listening to music, watching videos and web browsing)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it