Hardware My gamepad's battery light keeps flashing. Anyone know why?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is after I had to forcefully unplug my console multiple times trying to get a homebrew app to load(unfortunately) and I am afraid I might have messed something up while doing that. At the time of writing this the gamepad is still on, so i'm not sure if it's actually charging or something is broken. Anyone know why it's doing this?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battery is low, if the LED battery indicator is flashing red the battery is low, there should been a notification that say so. If is the Home button, is a notification from the system. Can you be more specific?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The battery is low, if the LED battery indicator is flashing red the battery is low, there should been a notification that say so. If is the Home button, is a notification from the system. Can you be more specific?

the gamepad won't even turn on now. Before I had it plugged it and it was on but now it turned off. I don't know if something shorted out. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. I couldn't see a way to discconect the wires so I didn't wanna risk it..

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the gamepad won't even turn on now. Before I had it plugged it and it was on but now it turned off. I don't know if something shorted out. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in. I couldn't see a way to discconect the wires so I didn't wanna risk it..
So can you charge the gamepad? Plug it into the gamepad or use the dock.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So can you charge the gamepad? Plug it into the gamepad or use the dock.

yup. Light not coming on :( pretty sure battery is dead although it could be the gamepad itself. I was told it be cheaper to get a battery..

Anyone know where to get a new battery and is it easy to install?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup. Light not coming on :( pretty sure battery is dead although it could be the gamepad itself. I was told it be cheaper to get a battery..

Anyone know where to get a new battery and is it easy to install?
Well I mean i dunno, Is possible is something else. Try unplugging the charger for a few minutes 15-30 then try again, make sure to try both the dock and direct input. The power pack could maybe be overheated.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can get a high capacity battery from Nintendo. they're around $40 from what I recall. it's very easy to install. the compartment is large enough to fit the high capacity battery since it is in fact larger in size. the original battery is perpendicular to the gamepad while the high capacity one will fit in horizontally from what I remember. I own one myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning