Hardware My First Impressions of the 3DS

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
I did not try any real games so thank you for your thoughts.
I have a question, which was better:
SSF:IV or DOA:D?

Personally i preferred DOA, but only because SF4 is a game i've already played and the 3D element did'nt really make it any better for me, the "behind the shoulder view" was kind of awesome but the 3D effects on DOA just seemed to POP! I remember at one point i was playing as Hyabusa and i switched the 3d from off to on and his elbow literally looked like it was coming out of the screen!!

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
Did you get to mess around in the OS?

Yes I have used the home menu it is really good. You can make it look like the dsi menu or the wii menu! every channel is in 3D. You can switch between channels at any time using the home button. I played on 3DS Sound, the volume is MUCH louder than DSi. No songs on it but recorded the shop attendant blabbering on and played it back louder than they spoke! The stylus is very nice too.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Did you get to mess around in the OS?

Yes I have used the home menu it is really good. You can make it look like the dsi menu or the wii menu! every channel is in 3D. You can switch between channels at any time using the home button. I played on 3DS Sound, the volume is MUCH louder than DSi. No songs on it but recorded the shop attendant blabbering on and played it back louder than they spoke! The stylus is very nice too.
Thanks for reporting this, I don't use mp3 players and I don't like Apple so my only mobile source for music is my DSi. Anymore information on it?

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Since I played it in London a couple weeks ago, I'm equally excited! I was also very impressed with the AR and the fact you can literally go around the cards and see BEHInD the objects and the dragon that pops out of it.

I didn't get to see the menu, so glad to hear that it looks and works well! I handled several 3DS's at the London event and they were all solid so it should be fine. I'm still most looking forward to ssfiv and Zelda which were mind-blowing! Thanks for you review, I'm pretty sure this time next week we will see a ton of YouTube videos from happy Japanese gamers when it comes out there next week
smile.gif

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's said this but I am so jealous at everyone who has even touched the 3DS....I hope the GameStop's near me have one on display...Im like so uber excited about this man. I really hope I can get a 3DS game on launch...

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lostdwarf said:
I have posted this on a couple of other forums and a few people are telling me that the 3DS they tried did not wobble at all. One comment suggests they could have dropped it.
I don't think a fall can make the system woble. My ds lite has fell for more than 3-4 times and the hinge doesn't woble at all... People at gaming stores and generally stores seldomly give a rats ass about the condition of the products.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nollog said:
How does Nintendogs +cats play?

Very similar to the DS versions, you choose which animal you want right at the beginning, i chose the cat, then it came right up to the screen and its head was almost popping out!! I did'nt do much more than that as i really am not a nintendogs fan.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Shadowhunta said:
Nollog said:
How does Nintendogs +cats play?

Very similar to the DS versions, you choose which animal you want right at the beginning, i chose the cat, then it came right up to the screen and its head was almost popping out!! I did'nt do much more than that as i really am not a nintendogs fan.
but it has cats now!
How can't you be buying it?

fairuza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone should make a 3ds ar game where you walk around your house or apartment with the lights down and zombies or monsters come out of corners and from behind stuff at you.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fairuza said:
someone should make a 3ds ar game where you walk around your house or apartment with the lights down and zombies or monsters come out of corners and from behind stuff at you.

Yep that would be a good idea, I would be surprised if RE doesn't have a bonus AR mode since Mercenaries is a full game now.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried about the wobble too. One of my DS lites has the same problem, though two of them do not. I believe it just means it's more likely to have a cracked hinge, which should have been fixed in the 3DS.
mad.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I'm worried about the wobble too. One of my DS lites has the same problem, though two of them do not. I believe it just means it's more likely to have a cracked hinge, which should have been fixed in the 3DS.
mad.gif
I never had any of my ds wobbly. If you do get a wobbly 3DS take it back.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
mad.gif

The hinge is not cracked. It doesnt lock snuggly into its open position. The 3DS is owned by the manager of gamestation and apparently are not for sale to public come the 25th.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
fairuza said:

That wouldn't be AR

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ramonra said:
fairuza said:

That wouldn't be AR
Sure it would. The zombies aren't really in reality, just on the screen in S3D.
Impossible to do with a card though, since you're moving.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
even better would be a game like system flaw with ghosts instead that are revealed by the camera
they will sneak up and take health away and you need to find and kill them
that would be awesome
maybe a luigis mansion 2 could implement this as a mini game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1