DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes little to no sense.
It makes perfect sense actually. Being careless with things tends to make them break down even faster. You probably didn't take very good care of it, which resulted in it breaking down. Like I said though, MAYBE that's why..

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes perfect sense actually. Being careless with things tends to make them break down even faster. You probably didn't take very good care of it, which resulted in it breaking down. Like I said though, MAYBE that's why..
Sure. Like you said, "maybe", but you did so extremely rudely. You sound like a complete arse. I'm curious as to what you think "breaks down" on a PCB? Do you normally have motherboard problems after a few years due to it breaking down? No, of course you don't, because that's not a thing.

The only thing you could be referring to, which I highly doubt you are, is oxidation of the soldering points and/or traces. The chips themselves are perfectly fine and do not just break down. Technology doesn't just break down. This isn't Horizon Zero Dawn. Chances are that due to moisture in the air, a soldering point has oxidized to the point where the connection is now broken. If this is the case I should be able to see it under a magnifying glass. I don't have one handy so I cannot look over it right now.

Perhaps you could try to not be condescending in the future? Or perhaps you could try not making things up?

Let's look at the numbers. How many DS games have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many GBA games have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many 3DS games have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many DS (DS, DSL, 3DSXL, N3DSXL) units have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many other pieces of technology have "broken down" and are unplayable? 0

The poor quality of the solder used is more than likely the culprit. Well, combined that with me not storing it in a vacuum. Do you store your flashcarts in a vacuum? Ok, just checking. That would be weird, right?

I have flashcarts older than the DSTwo: they all work 100%.
I have flashcarts newer than the DSTwo: they all work 100%.
I have flashcarts that were sitting right next to my DSTwo for the past few years and have been exposed to the same elements: they all work 100%.

So again, if you're going to respond to something I write on these forums, please do so with respect, and with facts. Thanks.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. Like you said, "maybe", but you did so extremely rudely. You sound like a complete arse. I'm curious as to what you think "breaks down" on a PCB? Do you normally have motherboard problems after a few years due to it breaking down? No, of course you don't, because that's not a thing.

The only thing you could be referring to, which I highly doubt you are, is oxidation of the soldering points and/or traces. The chips themselves are perfectly fine and do not just break down. Technology doesn't just break down. This isn't Horizon Zero Dawn. Chances are that due to moisture in the air, a soldering point has oxidized to the point where the connection is now broken. If this is the case I should be able to see it under a magnifying glass. I don't have one handy so I cannot look over it right now.

Perhaps you could try to not be condescending in the future? Or perhaps you could try not making things up?

Let's look at the numbers. How many DS games have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many GBA games have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many 3DS games have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many DS (DS, DSL, 3DSXL, N3DSXL) units have "broken down" and are unplayable for me? 0
How many other pieces of technology have "broken down" and are unplayable? 0

The poor quality of the solder used is more than likely the culprit. Well, combined that with me not storing it in a vacuum. Do you store your flashcarts in a vacuum? Ok, just checking. That would be weird, right?

I have flashcarts older than the DSTwo: they all work 100%.
I have flashcarts newer than the DSTwo: they all work 100%.
I have flashcarts that were sitting right next to my DSTwo for the past few years and have been exposed to the same elements: they all work 100%.

So again, if you're going to respond to something I write on these forums, please do so with respect, and with facts. Thanks.
If listing a potential answer makes me an "arse" then I am sorry, hence why I said MAYBE in the first place. All I did was state facts that are actually pretty true and accurate for the simple fact that most people who either have old or dead carts show pictures of them, most of them are in terrible condition. It isn't meant to sound rude it is exactly how it looks, it just wasn't taken care of properly, I am not judging people for it but I am allowed to state the obvious signs. Knowing you didn't provide enough information to your problem except that the card is dead, and you never posted screenshots of its current condition (because sometimes careless behavior with products IS a reasonable answer as to why things stop working), the easiest way would be to say you didn't take care of it, I have a bunch of flashcarts, the oldest being the Acekard 2i (which is much older than the DSTWO), yet it still works perfectly to this day, the only issue I have currently is the microSD card it uses (it isn't working properly anymore). A flashcart doesn't simply die for no reason unless you got a defect unit. A plethora of ways the flashcart can die, spilling liquid(s) on the flashcart ruining the insides, throwing it around carelessly, etc. I am not gonna candy coat crap just because people are sensitive to the possible reasons of things like this happening. So call me every name in the book if it makes you feel better.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why would it just die though? No onboard battery so what could be going wrong? Possible to fix?
I had the same problem with a dstwo that I used for one year. It just stopped working one day and had no icon any more. Good thing for me that the shop I bought it from had 2 years warranty.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If listing a potential answer makes me an "arse" then I am sorry, hence why I said MAYBE in the first place. All I did was state facts that are actually pretty true and accurate for the simple fact that most people who either have old or dead carts show pictures of them, most of them are in terrible condition. It isn't meant to sound rude it is exactly how it looks, it just wasn't taken care of properly, I am not judging people for it but I am allowed to state the obvious signs. Knowing you didn't provide enough information to your problem except that the card is dead, and you never posted screenshots of its current condition (because sometimes careless behavior with products IS a reasonable answer as to why things stop working), the easiest way would be to say you didn't take care of it, I have a bunch of flashcarts, the oldest being the Acekard 2i (which is much older than the DSTWO), yet it still works perfectly to this day, the only issue I have currently is the microSD card it uses (it isn't working properly anymore). A flashcart doesn't simply die for no reason unless you got a defect unit. A plethora of ways the flashcart can die, spilling liquid(s) on the flashcart ruining the insides, throwing it around carelessly, etc. I am not gonna candy coat crap just because people are sensitive to the possible reasons of things like this happening. So call me every name in the book if it makes you feel better.
If I were dumb enough to have spilled a liquid on it, etc, I would have mentioned it. The fact that I mentioned I in carts much older that work just fine should be a hint that I don't mishandle technology. Instead of troubleshooting all you did was say that I was the cause and that it randomly died. Technology doesn't randomly die. There is always a reason. Most likely the one I already mentioned.

Continuing to think I'm the issue is ignorant and indeed rude. You may not have meant it so, but it very clearly reads that way. Maybe word things differently if you don't want people calling you names based on your words and actions? Just a thought.

So just like you I own many flashcarts, as I've mentioned. And as I've also mentioned they all still work aside from the dstwo.

I know the many reasons flashcarts can die. I'm on here more often than you helping people with their issues. I've been doing this for years. Since I owned my M3 SD adapter for my gba sp. Yet you type out your responses like I don't know anything.

Considering I take good care of all of my technology, I'm sticking with oxidization. I'll post pictures when I find out more. If I did put a pic right now it'd look just like a brand new unit. Otherwise I would've mentioned it. It just seems like you've been negative because of when I agreed with quantumkitty in the Stargate thread. Since then you've seen very, concise.

Regardless I thank you for your attempt at assisting. I'll keep you informed if I find out the culprit. Also my M3 SD still works great. Same with my M3 Simply, and my Ak2i's.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were dumb enough to have spilled a liquid on it, etc, I would have mentioned it. The fact that I mentioned I in carts much older that work just fine should be a hint that I don't mishandle technology. Instead of troubleshooting all you did was say that I was the cause and that it randomly died. Technology doesn't randomly die. There is always a reason. Most likely the one I already mentioned.

Continuing to think I'm the issue is ignorant and indeed rude. You may not have meant it so, but it very clearly reads that way. Maybe word things differently if you don't want people calling you names based on your words and actions? Just a thought.

So just like you I own many flashcarts, as I've mentioned. And as I've also mentioned they all still work aside from the dstwo.

I know the many reasons flashcarts can die. I'm on here more often than you helping people with their issues. I've been doing this for years. Since I owned my M3 SD adapter for my gba sp. Yet you type out your responses like I don't know anything.

Considering I take good care of all of my technology, I'm sticking with oxidization. I'll post pictures when I find out more. If I did put a pic right now it'd look just like a brand new unit. Otherwise I would've mentioned it. It just seems like you've been negative because of when I agreed with quantumkitty in the Stargate thread. Since then you've seen very, concise.

Regardless I thank you for your attempt at assisting. I'll keep you informed if I find out the culprit. Also my M3 SD still works great. Same with my M3 Simply, and my Ak2i's.
I am not like others and make grudges based on other topics on the internet, it has nothing to do with the Stargate topic at all. "Continuing to think I'm the issue is ignorant and indeed rude." I never said you were the issue, but I did indeed say you were sensitive to a possible answer to your problem. People have told me many times that some of the things I have may be messed up because I was careless with it, I never EVER got offended nor have I thought they were rude about it BECAUSE that is a reasonable answer to a problem (just think I am friends with people who tell me that, I don't see the problem). I am not careless with most of my stuff but there are things that I do admit I don't take very good care of (example, my GameBoy, it still works but it has tons of scratches and stuff from over the years), we ALL have something we don't take care of, and when it breaks down, it is indeed our faults. Only reason I stated you were sensitive was because you took a possible answer to a whole other level, it wasn't meant to be a rude comment nor was I even thinking about being rude (what would I have to gain from that?), I tell that to others who have similar issues along with other possible and reasonable issues, they don't take offense to it, they simply say "That could be it, though it is probably because I installed a firmware earlier" or whatever else, sometimes they laugh and agree. You are the first person to take offense to this (at least towards me that is). So yes of course I am gonna get defensive when I don't understand what the hell I did wrong. "Yet you type out your responses like I don't know anything." you based this off of pure assumption, that wasn't close to the point I was making, if I wanted to say you didn't know anything than I would have simply said "you are stupid", however I don't see that name floating around on my previous post, nor would I even call you or anybody else stupid anyways regardless if you or anyone else knew anything pertaining to this or not (I am a blunt person, but I sure as hell don't go around calling everyone I see stupid or an idiot, that is unless they start acting like idiots then I call them out for it lol). Listing an answer such as this isn't harmful, lots of people are careless sometimes, it is no big deal, not something to get fussy over.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Could be electrostatic effects, too.

Reactions: OrGoN3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning