Hacking My downloaded eshop titles just magically disapeared...

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,

I updated to the latest gateway 2.4b the other day and everything was well. Not only until this morning I loaded gateway and was running emunand v9. I noticed that my downloaded eshop titles were just gone. I don't know if they are still on my SD card (not really sure how to check) or if they were deleted completely. I did install a theme if that matters before this happened. Also, i loaded v9 emunand a few times before this and everything was ok.Additionally, I took out my sd card while in gateway mode to see if my 3ds was just not reading my Sd, but the 3ds completely froze.

Does anyone know the cause of this? I know it really isnt that much of a big deal but I have some big game files such as Pokemon X, which are annoying to redownload. I really just want to know what went wrong so i dont come across this problem again.

thanks.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you access your download management or whatever it is called on sysNAND? it checks for the licences, that are tied to your emuNAND, sees, that they are not tied to your sysNAND and hence deletes the downloads
if you set up an NNID and synced it to your 3DS emuNAND, you can redownload them

WigWrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me as well. Had to re-download AADD after updating. Could've sworn it was still their post 9.0 update, but disappeared like you said.

placebooooo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you access your download management or whatever it is called on sysNAND? it checks for the licences, that are tied to your emuNAND, sees, that they are not tied to your sysNAND and hence deletes the downloads
if you set up an NNID and synced it to your 3DS emuNAND, you can redownload them
That's weird. I downloaded the eshop titles on emunand. So, basically, I just have to redownload them. I wont have an extra copy of each on my sd card without me knowing it right?

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's weird. I downloaded the eshop titles on emunand. So, basically, I just have to redownload them. I wont have an extra copy of each on my sd card without me knowing it right?

they are stored on your visual partition, not on the emuNAND partition, but their licenses are signed to your emuNAND, you go to data management on sysNAND and it checks, if your downloads are properly signed, sees, that they aren't (because they are tied to your emuNAND, not sysNAND, since you downloaded them on emuNAND), so it deletes them (or rather, I think it doesn't delete the downloads but rather the licences or something like that, so if you got an emuNAND backup, you can restore their licences, without having to redownload them, not 100% sure on this though, never had to do it, only read from other people about it, got a second 3DSXL for legit eshop downloads)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
what you can do is format either sysnand or emunand, this will make emunand and sysnand store their downloaded content in separate folder so one doesn't delete content from the other

that or backup your sd card contents regularly, might be very helpful if eshop access is blocked in future so you dont loose eshop updates and stuff with no way to redownload them

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'd like to bump this thread back to life with a final word. I found a way to avoid this.

If you Format System Memory on the sysNAND, the console will create a new 32-character hex folder on your SD card for all of its sysNAND data. It will also leave your emuNAND completely intact and working. Once this has been done, sysNAND will use a completely different place to store its data, making sysNAND and emuNAND completely independent. REMOVE YOUR SD CARD BEFORE FORMATTING. You can put it back in once it's complete.

Your downloaded emuNAND apps will no longer appear in sysNAND, and going into Data Management on sysNAND will no longer reset/delete your eShop downloads on emuNAND, and a whole series of freak stories with emuNAND stuff somehow making it back to sysNAND should be over since the two will now use different folders(although the Private folder is still common, but that's some misc Camera/Sound app crap).

Remember to set your fake wifi profiles back on sysNAND after the format, and you may have to set up a thing or two again.

But be advised that if you ever intend to transfer stuff back to sysNAND it might complicate the procedure. You may need a second 3DS to transfer the emuNAND to it and then back to the sysNAND. I HAVE NOT TESTED SYSTEM TRANSFER.

You will now have two folders in your Nintendo 3DS folder. The sysNAND and emuNAND folders can be differentiated simply by checking their sizes, since a "virgin" sysNAND will only take up some 5MB and the emuNAND one will likely have some tens or more than 100MB.

I tried this today, and I'm very glad I did so.

Reactions: placebooooo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte