OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Well...long story short:
My dad went on a rampage by destroying every piece of tech that belonged to me just cos he ummm...lacks self control when it comes to seeing me play it too much. but wat does he expect me to do? lol.

So, now I have nowhere but the forums of gbatemp to resort to.
The Good:
--The wii boots up and the channels and stuff work from wat im seeing.
--it plays legit games...kinda...ive only tried smash and it seems to work good.
--the inside seems to be intact

ok.. Now...
The Bad:
--The Blue light thing doesnt lite up.
--the wiikey isnt working properly.
--The wiikey only loads up GC backups. Wii backups load up, but when you enter the game, it gives an error message saying the disc could not be read.
--the discs keep getting spit back out wen i put them in.
--some wires on the front seem to be ripped off.
--the front of the case is beyond repair, since its been broken off
--the outer case has some damages.

So from my gess...i think im gonna need a new wii case, a new disc drive, modchip, lites, wireing, and a big checkup. But im not all too sure.

SD530010.jpg

the inside drive has some kind of dented thing in it.

SD530001.jpg

SD530002.jpg

these wire came out of the front.

PLEASE HELP ME MEMBERS AND PROS OF GBATEMP!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
cry.gif

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Tell your dad to stop being a prick and grow up.

He still treats me like some kid. im tired of life. he's been doing this to all my belongings that i like. like dude i have a 4.2 gpa...leave me to do anything i want. and its not like im fat or anything. im fit. i just play my wii...a lot...
Ive lost care for most things over the years. but i want to save my wii, since i pumped soo much or MY OWN money into it this time.
unsure.gif
. i for one, realized the value of money, especially in todays economy.
But im sooo pissed now. I need so much help if im gonna get this fixed.
cry.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, but if you paid for it, and he broke it, tell him he has to replace it.

Or report him for being an unfit father who has anger issues and expresses it by being destructive, affecting your possessions and emotionally hurting you.

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
Sorry, but if you paid for it, and he broke it, tell him he has to replace it.

Or report him for being an unfit father who has anger issues and expresses it by being destructive, affecting your possessions and emotionally hurting you.

If you had a father of southasian decent. things like that are only illusions. i told him to replace it. his reply: "its not mine, and you deserved it"
mad.gif
hate2.gif

WTF??!
and he expects me to go apologize.
blink.gif
wacko.gif

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Shiro786 said:
Bahaha, India kicked your Bengali ass in cricket.

Seriously though, because you're in Bang-a la-desh, you probably won't be able to call the cops on your dad. The best thing you can do is move out. I don't know how devout you are to your religion, but that's your best bet.

Wait 'till school ends and move out asap. Come back for your mom, cause she loves you. That's how the brown peoples work yo.

lmao
laugh.gif
soooo sooo truee. my dads an ass. but my moms real nice. if it wasnt for her...my wii would be worse. she hid it away after my dad threw it the first time.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Jax @ Jun 19 2008, 05:35 PM) Break some of his stuff that he cares about and spends too much time with it. Simple.

i dont want my life to be a more horrible hell than it already is.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it looks like everything you need you mention but you may need a wii laser replacement to if not the whole drive just go to consoleshop.com go shopping
biggrin.gif

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry but what a prick of a Dad you have. I'd understand if he cut the plug since that's fixable.

But smashing your wii in a temper. I'm sorry but that's totally uncalled for. What a prick.

I'd hide all the techs and wii in a cupboard or somewhere that's hard to find and start stand up to him.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
C'mon, in making your long story short you seem to have left out some information. You must have pushed your dad's buttons somehow to send him into rampage mode. If you didn't I feel for you until you get out of the house. And your mom too.

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
C'mon, in making your long story short you seem to have left out some information. You must have pushed your dad's buttons somehow to send him into rampage mode. If you didn't I feel for you until you get out of the house. And your mom too.

The only button pushing ive done was playing it too much.
example of another time he was being a prick:
I watched a lot of anime on the computer on my free time. I also used that computer to do my school classes that used the "Blackboard" interface. so anyone with common sense can understand that the computer is very vital to me, and i would naturally go on it a lot.
Wen i wasnt home one day, my dad went into my computer, locked up everything and deleted my account. There goes all my links, files, homework, anime, and a shitload of other stuff.
His reason:
I went on the computer too much...
My response ( the last button I pushed that day, since i had nothing more to lose at the time):
FUCK YOU DAD!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, fuck that....I really know what are you going trough as mine dad wanted to burn all my stuff in backyard....They called him to go to work, some urgent stuff....And that was the day I ran away from home (I was 17).....There was lot of stuff going on those days, but after week or so on my own, they called me to come back, and everything changed..
I'm just telling you what have I been trough, (they hated me for being punk, and I never smoked, did drugs or were bad at school!!! they were bothered with the way I wanted to look)..

So, do something drastically (not run away, but something that would make him think)..

I'm really sorry....I felt pain looking at that broken Wii...it's so sad......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn