Gaming My brand new memory card has 2.5 - 3 GB LESS space then my old 64 GB HOW?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found out. because if i do current space (applications + others) = 31.93 +25GB free space it's 56.93 which is close to 57 which the figure it says when i first open content manager.
So i opened content manager on my old 64 GB and it says 60 GB!!!

so why does my other vita has like 3GB more max GB then my other one?? which is BRand new!!!
im really annoyed now.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Then backup the data you have on it atm, and format the card to either exfat or fat32 depending on wich is needed, and 32bit cluster if i remember the cluster size right.
Ehm. if u format it via the vita, i dont think u get any options for formatting right? i dont remember that anyway. Which is better exfat or fat32 for storing max games.
Im gonna back up and try and see if it solves the problem!

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fat32 max file size is about 4GB, so if you use files bigger then that exfat is needed. But the format through the console you use should be good for it. I prefer to format through a PC though.

Do you actually have a vita? then you should know the memory cards cant be read/formatted on a pc unfortunately.

currowth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue with my 64GB. I fixed it by restoring the system not to be confused with "Restore this System" in the format option in settings. This will not delete your games, just wifi passwords, notifications, location... It turns out content manager was not showing the correct game sizes, after the restore, it showed up properly with the right size for "other" and "system".

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same issue with my 64GB. I fixed it by restoring the system not to be confused with "Restore this System" in the format option in settings. This will not delete your games, just wifi passwords, notifications, location... It turns out content manager was not showing the correct game sizes, after the restore, it showed up properly with the right size for "other" and "system".
Tried it your way. didnt work. Then tried formatting. Didn't work. still says 57 GB!
What the hell???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then backup the data you have on it atm, and format the card to either exfat or fat32 depending on wich is needed, and 32bit cluster if i remember the cluster size right.
It didnt work..

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when manufacturers make memory cards (especially SD card makers), most of the time its a few MB or G less than advertised.

http://www.diyphotography.net/memory-cards-have-less-space-advertised-here-why/

So according to this article, you should be around 59-60GB of true space for your memory card... more or less, depending on the quality of the card etc.
Exactly id be fine if it said 59. but it's saying 57. i paid 110 euro for this premium shit if it even has a couple of GB less. im gonna complain. Its already overpriced as fuck.

So im not sure what to do now. but im mailing playasia.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly id be fine if it said 59. but it's saying 57. i paid 110 euro for this premium shit if it even has a couple of GB less. im gonna complain. Its already overpriced as fuck.

So im not sure what to do now. but im mailing playasia.

Yea at least SD cards are super cheap compared to Vita cards... most ppl don't even bother complaining or care, but i hear you... 110 euro is alot of money..

I'd complain to SONY for making them so expensive lol (this is probably one of the reasons that killed the Vita)

Last edited by Vampirex,

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea at least SD cards are super cheap compared to Vita cards... most ppl don't even bother complaining or care, but i hear you... 110 euro is alot of money..

I'd complain to SONY for making them so expensive lol (this is probably one of the reasons that killed the Vita)
Well what good is complaing to sony gonna do for me? i doubt they would give me a new 64 GB.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FKING PIECE OF CRAP SOFTWARE.
im SO ANGRY. i backup my memory card. and formatted memory card because i thought i could restore it. now i get error C2-12858-4 @ restoring. WTF it only backed up 4 GB. eventhough i remember it saying backup succesfull 30gb!

Did with QCMA

So yeah.. im hoping playasia will refund me money or send another or something

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse