Hacking My Acekard is on the way to UK now!

Scott.Jin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I bought it in China some days ago, Acekard + 1G Micro SD = 43 Pounds. It is more cheaper comparing to DS-X.

I think my card is one of the first 100 pieces. Some guys have already received the Acekard in china and published reviews on the bbs of yyjoy.com. It seems that it just like what it introduced at the first. ......
1. Directly play in SLOT1 of the DS without any passcard
2. Compatible with Clean Rom and all most 100% compatibility
3. Same size as original DS cartridge
what I care about most are the three elements listed above. Acekard did it. And it is much cheaper than DS-X. Although many guys said its outside is not good looking and very coarse, I choose it finally.

art-101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Supercard SD and an iBook so I may be very very tempted by the Acekard depending on it's reviews as obviously I can't run the Supercard utility on my mac.

I'm looking forward to hearing what people think of the Acekard and even to seeing what the Supercard folk can do regarding a Slot1 solution.

I look forward to being able to run clean roms.

Art-101

Scott.Jin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Be sure to post up your first impressions when you get a hold of one! Oh and pictures, take lots of pictures.

I am glad to do this, but it may take two weeks before I receive it. Because my friend bought it for me and have just posted it by air mail yesterday.

I heard it is a little ugly. so I think maybe you will be disappointed a little bit then.
smile.gif
But AK official is planning to improve its appear in the next batch and different colour will also be offered then. What maks me happy is that yyjoy.com promise to offer the new shell for free to the the first 100 white rats who bought AK in the period of pre-sell.

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hello Scott.Jin,
one friend is going to Hong Kong in 2 weeks, do you know if he had any chance to find an acekard there ?
In few words : is it easy to find acekards in China/Hong Kong ?

art-101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be honest I dont' really care what it looks like, it's a slot1 card, it'll be hidden in the slot and when I'm using the DS I won't be able to see it anyway.

I don't get this massive aesthetic concern. I'm interested if it works and works well.

Maybe I'm just getting old and jaded.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
art-101: you can't use it because it requires PC software to patch the roms and send to microSD cart... and you have an iBook.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
i cant really understand why ppl is talking about how the cards look like.. cmon!!! first of all we all wants fully working slot 1 cards for gods sake!! or am i wrong?
tongue.gif

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
true, but a driver for OSX would have to be written for the OS to be able to write to the microSD if the microSD was formatted with AKFS instead of FAT16.

so unlike the DS-X, we couldn't just drag and drop roms using any OS.

*edit* but I wouldn't say that a Mac user couldn't use it...we just don't know if such a driver has been developed, or will be developed. We'll have to wait and see.

Scott.Jin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hello Scott.Jin,
one friend is going to Hong Kong in 2 weeks, do you know if he had any chance to find an acekard there ?
In few words : is it easy to find acekards in China/Hong Kong ?

AK is just begin to sell which means it doesnt have many agency at the moment. I am sure there is no agency now in Hong Kong. (I don't know whether it will appear or not in the next few weeks). If you do want an AK, the best way for you to buy it I think is ask your another friend in Hong Kong to buy it on-line from YYjoy.com. And then you ask your friend to bring it to when he go to Hong Kong.

but you cant buy directly from yyjoy.com. I have tried to do this myself when I want to buy it some days ago. But I failed. There is 2 problem you will face.
1. you can not pay by credit card or paybal. Only cards from banks in China are allowed or you can pay by remitting to their bank account.
2. the shipping fee by DHL/TNT/..... is expensive. If you pay that, you'd better buy DS-X instead. I have requested YYjoy.com to ship it for me by post which is just about 3 Pounds to UK, but they didn't agree with it.

Scott.Jin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
true, but a driver for OSX would have to be written for the OS to be able to write to the microSD if the microSD was formatted with AKFS instead of FAT16.

so unlike the DS-X, we couldn't just drag and drop roms using any OS.

*edit* but I wouldn't say that a Mac user couldn't use it...we just don't know if such a driver has been developed, or will be developed. We'll have to wait and see.

AN Acekard Manager for MAC? As I know, not yet. Maybe few months later maybe never.

Scott.Jin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
art-101: you can't use it because it requires PC software to patch the roms and send to microSD cart... and you have an iBook.

it doesn't patch, the software is only for transferring the files to the card.

yes, they use the Manager to transfer ROMS to the AKFS formatted TF card. According to the review by YYjoy.com, it is because TF card + FAT 32 is not fast enough to run clean rom. It seems like a techical issue.

sylver78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

it doesn't patch, the software is only for transferring the files to the card.

Don't care about Costello's words, for an unknown reason, he can't stop telling that the acekard is bullshit and that the DS-X will rule the world ...

QUOTE(Scott.Jin @ Nov 17 2006, 06:59 PM)AK is just begin to sell which means it doesnt have many agency at the moment. I am sure there is no agency now in Hong Kong. (I don't know whether it will appear or not in the next few weeks). If you do want an AK, the best way for you to buy it I think is ask your another friend in Hong Kong to buy it on-line from YYjoy.com. And then you ask your friend to bring it to when he go to Hong Kong.

but you cant buy directly from yyjoy.com. I have tried to do this myself when I want to buy it some days ago. But I failed. There is 2 problem you will face.
1. you can not pay by credit card or paybal. Only cards from banks in China are allowed or you can pay by remitting to their bank account.
2. the shipping fee by DHL/TNT/..... is expensive. If you pay that, you'd better buy DS-X instead. I have requested YYjoy.com to ship it for me by post which is just about 3 Pounds to UK, but they didn't agree with it.
It is what I was afraid of
frown.gif

I don't know anyone living in china, but anyway my friend is steward, so he's going in china few times a year ! It'll be for the next time he'll go there
wink.gif

art-101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then I have completely misunderstood then, as I thought that the Acekard could run clean roms so no patching was needed and could just stick the roms straight onto the microsd using my card reader.

Surely if the roms need patched before they go onto the card they aren't clean?

Impetus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thats what i thought, but after realising that you have to use software to transfer the roms, i said to myself
"what's the point?"
"if its not going to be completely drag and drop, i may as well buy a M3"

Im still interested in reviews though ^^

Mr.squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Surely if the roms need patched before they go onto the card they aren't clean?

The ROMS are clean from what I understand. The issue is that AceKard uses a custom file system for the micro-SD. So you need the software to transfer the ROMs to the card (as well to format the Micro-SD, I would guess).

There isn't yet a single card, that has everything right.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't care about Costello's words, for an unknown reason, he can't stop telling that the acekard is bullshit and that the DS-X will rule the world ...

Costello can have a favorite flash card, cant he? Dont know if you have seen it, but the forum is full with G6 lovers, M3 lovers and such.

Anyway, i'm quite interested in the Acekard, pictures pleaaaaase and a review
biggrin.gif
i havent bought a DS-X because i want to see the new Slot-1 devices
biggrin.gif

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking foward to the NinjaPass currently. I need some reviews (english ones please) on both it and the AceKard before I get one or the other. DS-X seems ok, but for $125? No thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse