Misc my 3ds got stolen how do i unlink nnid

sammikins_th3_kitt3n

♾️Neurodivergent🏳️‍⚧️trans🍼crinklefur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I am just wondering if there is any way to unlink my nnid without my 3ds as my wii u uses the same nnid
any help will be appreciated -thanks again

Nick

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the best thing would be to contact the Nintendo support. It would also help to quote the police report number as well from when you reported the 3DS being stolen.
Do people file a police report when their handheld gets stolen? That seems a little extreme.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do people file a police report when their handheld gets stolen? That seems a little extreme.

I've known people to file police reports for their old iphones. I know a phone has more personal value than a 3DS but at the end of the day, it still counts as theft.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well i guess it depends, if you don't have insurance or any personal details stored on it, it fairly pointless, but having worked in a second hand shop the police did use to hand in a list of all the latest stolen goods and their serial numbers so if they come in you know they are stolen, they did occasionally check serials on items in the shop too, but most of the time it was just a "here's a list, check yourself".......and i doubt many shops ever do report stuff they have bought in as its murder trying to get your money back from the person who sold it to the shop after the police take the item back, and if someone comes in and tries to sell it you cant exactly keep them locked in or start saying your keeping the 3DS for the police to come as it would likely lead to more trouble with no positive outcome for you or your shop (except maybe a warm fuzzy feeling knowing you got a stolen item returned to its rightful owner)......but in the case of something that potentially has your bank details stored on it , its always best to report it stolen just so your not liable if the thief somehow manages to start making charges to your card

D

Deleted User

When my 3DS got stolen i bought a new one. It was before NNIDs existed, so i had to make a police report, send my old 3ds serial number, my new one and a reciept that i bought the 3ds, then they could give me back my games.

mrbits

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hear that :( As the others say, contacting nintendo is the best way to get the NNID unlinked. Good luck :)

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully you still have your serial, though it might not be needed. This is also why I take mine apart and customize them/make them unique. Too bad I didn't do that with my first PSVita...

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would let a thief get away if it is just a 3DS instead if iPhone. A thief is a thief. Its a crime! I hope that this person is caught soon.
I wouldn't file a police report if someone took my iphone either. Hell, when I was 12 our car got broken into and we didn't file a police report.

I thought police reports were for like, aggravated assault, or house break ins.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I honestly would. With how games and systems are tied, technically, for each downloaded game you have, the value of what gets stolen goes up. So if you have, say, $200 in games and DLC (That's about 3-5 games and a few pieces of DLC, for example), that $200 3DS is now worth $400 with the games and system, since they're all as one unit.

But yeah, OP, have on file your police report, and they can unlink your NNID. Once you link your NNID with another system, you should be able to redownload all your games to your replacement 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte