Munkee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Sorry my first Post is a question but I'm a bit of a lurker and this has Been bothering me all day
frown.gif

Got ScummVM 0.61 set up For ds ( supercard and flashme ) and Everything is fine , But a minor factor is beginning to iritate me ,
I'm led to believe that When I use amiga version I Have music and The inventory Is in Words , Not icons .
But if I use PC version , I can Have Icons in the inventory but Can't seem to get music to work , Just sounds like doors opening etc

I have the Bounty pack ( the one where monkey island 1 and 2 are on the same disc ) and the way I am obtaining the files is Just dragging from the there directory and into the scummvm/monkey folder

Anyone know a way around this , Have got the full ost from monkey island in .mp3 format but its weighs in at a hefty 66 megs

Again apologies for making my first post a question and Thanx in advance
smile.gif

QazzaQY2K

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Converting your CD audio

ScummVM supports playing CD audio for specific games which came with music stored as standard music CD tracks. To use this music in ScummVM DS, they need to be ripped from the CD and stored in a specific format. This can only be done for the CD versions of certain games, such as Monkey Island 1, Loom, and Gobliiins. All the floppy games and CD games that didn't have CD audio tracks for music don't require any conversion, and will work unmodified on ScummVM DS.

Cdex can do the conversion very well and I recommend using it to convert your audio files, although any CD ripping software can be used, so feel free to use your favourite program. The format you need to use is IMA-ADPCM 4-bit Mono. You may use any sample rate. All other formats will be rejected, including uncompressed WAV files.

Now I will to describe how to rip your CD tracks with Cdex, which can be found here: Cdex Homepage

To set this up in Cdex, select Settings from the Options menu. On the Encoder tab, select 'WAV Output Encoder'. Under 'Encoder Options', choose the following:

Format: WAV
Compression: IMA ADPCM
Samplerate: 22050 Hz
Channels: Mono
On the fly encoding: On

Next, go to the 'Filenames' tab and select the folder you want to save your Wav files to.
Under 'Filename format', enter 'track%3'. This should name your WAV files in the correct way. Click OK.

Now select all the tracks on your CD, and click 'Extract CD tracks to a compressed audio file'.
Cdex should rip all the audio off your CD.

Now all you have to do is copy the newly created WAV files into the same directory that your other game data is stored on your CompactFlash card. Next time your run ScummVM DS, it should play with music!

Source: ScummVM.DrunkenCoders.com

PS Welcome to our humble Forum ;D Hope you enjoy your stay! DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse