OP
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Greetings
I'm looking for a turn based strategy game I could play with my two brothers but on a single pc.
There are a bunch of games from rpg to rts on the pc, but none of them allow us to have some fun together without having a second pc or being an MMO.
Its already almost impossible to find a normal racing game that allows for more than one player on a single pc (to the point I have given up the search) and Worms and their clones have their charm but get boring after not too long.
So, now I'm looking in the TBS genre.
Age of Empires and Age of Mythologies for the NDS could be shared with up to 4 players and we had lots of fun with it till our DS died and I'm hoping there's something like that with wich I can play with at least one other person on our laptop.

PC specs:
Packard Bell EasyNote LE
Windows v8.1
AMD E1-1200 1.4GHz APU
Radeon HD 7310 GPU (integrated)
4GB RAM

Additional details:
Despite its low power, I've managed to run all Mass Effect games on it and am now running TES: Oblivion.

Thanks in advance!

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
first thing that came to my mind was Worms Armageddon/World Party.
turn based?? check
strategy?? check
fun to play?? check

EDIT: now I read that you already though Worms. that happen for answer before reading the whole post.
well, emulators can do wonders, MAME is a good one with lots of multiplayer games and low cpu usage.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA era advance wars and up do well as far as this style of gameplay goes. The era of cut down games on the handhelds has not ended, it is however now limited to the real time and in fancy looking 3d affairs (give or take some vita efforts).

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
OP
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Unfortunately a good modern RTS is also hard to come by.
I played games like Age Of Empires I/II/III, Warzone 2100 and Homeworld I/II and none of the new RTS games seem to have the depth of building a base, researching an endless amount of tech and all those other good things I know about from older RTS series.
I've tried a whole bunch of "Highly rated" recent RTS titles and I was... dissappointed. Chucked them off efter one hour.

Anyway, some people recommended me Banner Saga, XCOM and Civilization IV.
Does anybody have any second opinions about those?
I know civiv, but don't like squares, does civv also have single pc multiplayer? (I had tried it once, a bit slow, if it had such a feature I must've missed it).

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Heroes is a great franchise, especially heroes 3. I've played civilization for a long time with Civ2 getting the most love. Civilization games can be played on a single screen with multiple players, but the further you proceed with the game, the longer your turns can end up to be (unless you are allied from the start and plan all moves way ahead)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a very old one, but scorched earth was pretty fun. It was sort of similar to worms, though.

One of the versions of the incredible machine had a 'hotseat' multiplayer game in which you each put part of the machine in, in a sort of tug-o-war attempt to be the one to make the machine work. Can't remember which one it was, though.

And finally one you can't take my word on: fallout tactics. It's a strategy turn based game with multiplayer...but I really can't tell if it also allows hotseat multiplayer on a single PC.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
OP
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Heroes is a great franchise, especially heroes 3. I've played civilization for a long time with Civ2 getting the most love. Civilization games can be played on a single screen with multiple players, but the further you proceed with the game, the longer your turns can end up to be (unless you are allied from the start and plan all moves way ahead)

Yeeaaahhh..... I think I've heard of that before.
Right now though my brother(s) appear to be satisfied with Age of Wonders III, but I'll certainy look into it ^^

Hi there !

It may seem like a dumb question but have you tried boardgames ?

........ no! Really?
Dude, I'm a dedicated chess player!

Civilization V (especially with a shit ton of mods) is the only way to go imo!

(I totally haven't put in 20+ hours into it the last 2 days)

Oh crap... now I feel bad about removing it from the pc.... >.<

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you're going with the Heroes of Might & Magic series then 3 is without doubt the best one. 4 & 5 are pretty darn decent, but they're still nothing compared to their predecessor.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
OP
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
3 is the best of all of them.

I've settled for Age of Wonders 3.
My bros here like it better than Heroes of Might and Magic apparently XD

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned the free Battle for Wesnoth.
I'm 93% sure it has hotseat multiplayer, but it's been a while since I've played.

Oh, yeah, I just got that one about 3 days ago.
Yeah the gameplay is somewhat similar to Age of Empires DS and plus charming looking sprites ^^

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Also, if you can "get your hands on" the original game files of Panzer General II, OpenGeneral plays almost exactly the same, which is great considering how legendarily great PGII was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM