Hacking Multiman + NTFS = Headache Please help

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought the config file was not needed anymore, but seeing you still have issue it might try to use it as fall back.

Look in the PS3 > FAQ and guide > MultiMAN Beginners > NTFS chapter
Direct link:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/multiman-beginners-guide.291170/#chap.ntfs

The guide is old (based on MM2.x), so there's probably different things or compatibility now.
The guide says it can only read files to copy to internal, but I think now it can even play games directly from it (not 100% sure as I didn't follow PS3 scene since I wrote that guide).

obs123194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny thing you posting here. I just saw your beginners guide a couple of hours ago and Yes I know I don't know why the usb.cfg is still needed. Everyone that I talk to doesn't have this problem except me.. :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try creating the file and see if it helps.
if not, maybe it's an issue with your drive, it's not compatible.
Try another one if you can, or check the partitions (maybe it needs the NTFS to be the first partition, or to be on a primary partition, not a GPT?)

obs123194

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try creating the file and see if it helps.
if not, maybe it's an issue with your drive, it's not compatible.
Try another one if you can, or check the partitions (maybe it needs the NTFS to be the first partition, or to be on a primary partition, not a GPT?)
I've tried multiple hard drives all have the same issue.

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
i have teh same issue, my problem with the .cFG file method is about multi-partition HDD, several tutorials said :
in deviceManager=>properties=>details=>parent multipleHDD will display ids for each partition but i only got one id

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
PID (Product info) and VID (Vendor info) is a data for the hardware, it doesn't change based on the partition you create on it.
PID_VID will always be the same for the same product.

I don't know if MultiMAN can select the partition to use, nor if it's compatible with all formats (MBR/EBR/GPT)
You should read the readme and changelog (there's a LOOOOT of information in the changelog, if he did anything related to the PFS/NTFS support it will be listed there)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended