Multigame Disc

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by M tha MaN, May 1, 2009.

May 1, 2009

Multigame Disc by M tha MaN at 5:36 PM (1,755 Views / 0 Likes) 6 Comments

M tha MaN New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Hi Guys.

I wanted to know if it is possible to play Multi Disc Games on a Multigame Disc.

E.g.

I want to burn Resident Evil 0 and 1 on a DVD. If the Screen comes where i have to change from GC Disc 1 to GC Disc 2 what am i supposed to do ?

Just reinsert the Multigame disc ??

Or won't such games work.

I used the SEARCH but did not find an answer to my question.

toguro_max New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    As far as i know, nope, it does not work.
    In the case of Resident Evil, i believe it's OK, since before you change disks you save the game, so you just need to reset and load this save on the second disk, but not sure though (hadn't tried myself).

But for the games that "demand" you to insert the second disk to keep playing, you're out of luck, you need to "waste" a whole disk for the second one...

joshed New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I had a thought the other day about this exact issue. What if you place the "disc 2" as the FIRST disc on the multigame iso and then choose disc one with the loader, that way disc 2 can be loaded later, or would this not work.

Vidboy10 Tsardom

Message Count:
    Canada
    i think wanikoko was working on multi ISO loader some time ago. Am i right?

M tha MaN New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Thx for your replies.

Well....then i will make it this way:

Burn Resident Evil 0 Disc 1, Resident Evil Disc 1 and Resident Evil CVX Disc 1 on a Multigame Disc and burn Disc 2 of the on a single DVD.
    • Newcomer

.d&n New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    Multi-disk games does work, this question is being thrown around alot lately i had the same problem

ive beat Resident Evil REmake the whole way (disk 1 + disk 2) which owns all horror games (close)

Multidisk is fine

If you burned on separate disk skip the first step
    *On the gc launcher Menu press left/right to the 2nd disk and press Z, you'll see on the bottom right "Second disk set to '_'
    - Go to disk 1 and press 'B' no questions asked
    - When the game asked you to switch, eject and reinsert (or put in disk 2 if separate)

TIP:
    Now some games work better when pressing A autoboot or the other options, but B (mios patch) is really important for games with 2 disks
    eg. pressing 'B' on REmake makes the game slightly drop in frames whereas 'A' works perfectly.
    Simple solution = Just play the game however u want first, and when u reach disk 2 save and restart

M tha MaN New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    After playing a little bit araound with USB Loader and cusom Menu Themes i tried again the multigamedisc.

But the problem is, when i start GC backuplauncher via Homebrewchannel (or Discchannel, doesnt matter) it gives mir Errors:

GC Backup Loader 2: Read error 263 0x53100

GC Backup Loader 0.1Xi: Read error 186 0x53100

I used MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+ to create the Multigamedisc.

SPONSORED LINKS