Hardware Mugen Extended Battery for the 3DS XL

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if any of you have tried out the mugen extended battery for the 3DS XL. It is a 5800 mah battery from the original 1750 mah which translates to a ~10.5 hour battery instead of the usual ~3.5 hour battery life. It includes a molded battery door which makes the unit thicker but I'm thinking it is not such a bad thing since my hands seem to hurt after playing for long periods of time because it is so thin (probably because I have big hands as well). Anyway here is the link below.. it is pricey and looks like they will only ship on the 23rd of July (low stock maybe?). Let me know what you think.

http://mugen.co/mugen-power-5800mah-extended-battery-for-nintendo-3dsll-with-battery-door.html

P.S: I just realized there's an accessories section ma bad homies :S still kinda a hack tho :P

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have one personally, but have heard good things about it. If it wasn't for the price (and my hand being broken for some time now, oh and I want a control pad plus) I would've had one by now. I also get sore palms from my hands being too large for the size of the XL.

cozmosauce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those mugen batteries make your console look morbidly obese. I think they are great and you should buy one if you want a longer battery life but the price is really steep.

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with you both.. the price is inflated big time. I can't seem to find any other products like this which is probably why they can charge so much.. I guess i'll wait for the price to drop or another product for more competition. Thank you.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can buy a good quality external battery for that prize, that has easily double the capacity and can also charge my phone or other devices, while Im not near an electric socket...

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can buy a good quality external battery for that prize, that has easily double the capacity and can also charge my phone or other devices, while Im not near an electric socket...

I think I will take this advise and buy an external USB charger from eBay or something. I've seen some good ones in the past for like $50 which is half the price and should do the job... plus it could also charge my phone! Thanks for the recommendation

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I will take this advise and buy an external USB charger from eBay or something. I've seen some good ones in the past for like $50 which is half the price and should do the job... plus it could also charge my phone! Thanks for the recommendation

but dont buy a cheap one, look ar the reviews, especially the 1 star ones - there are alot of "black sheeps" out there, that only work for a short time and then loose most of their capacity or stop working in total and usually only have a 30 day warranty ...

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think you can get a better deal and a bit safer on amazon try there read the reviews :)

SaggyBeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but dont buy a cheap one, look ar the reviews, especially the 1 star ones - there are alot of "black sheeps" out there, that only work for a short time and then loose most of their capacity or stop working in total and usually only have a 30 day warranty ...

Wow.. good to know, I had no idea that stuff happens to them. I looked on amazon and there is one with great reviews 12,000mah for $54 CAN.. seems legit.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow.. good to know, I had no idea that stuff happens to them. I looked on amazon and there is one with great reviews 12,000mah for $54 CAN.. seems legit.

well like I said, don't just look at the total star count, click on the 1 star reviews and look what they say... if they say, it stops working after 2 months, then obviously dont buy it ^^
that's what many people do wrong, especially, when it comes to hardware, that has just a very short timed warranty, they buy cheap, because it has 4/5 stars in total, but they don't check the 1 star reviews :-)

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
remember also be realistic with the mAh cause you will never get loads of mAh for cheap. Batteries are expensive, especially the good quality ones. You don't want after 6 months that your battery doesn't hold charge.

Reactions: SaggyBeans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb