Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't even format in exFat (using winXP).
I like the single ROM image written to SD better than multiROM (I can focus on a single game until I complete it, and I don't have that many games I'm interested in anyway).
Gateway supports both FAT and Image format. That would be a good idea for MT-card to support that format again as alternative to exFAT.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like the single ROM image written to SD better than multiROM (I can focus on a single game until I complete it, and I don't have that many games I'm interested in anyway).
Gateway supports both FAT and Image format. That would be a good idea for MT-card to support that format again as alternative to exFAT.
Although MT never supported raw images.

JohnDoerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was wondering, let's say the MT is able to create a game select like the Gateway team has it right now. Pressing select and the list pops up, would they be able to make the button trigger something else? As in a cheat menu or something like that in the future? Or is that stuff somehow hardware related?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I was wondering, let's say the MT is able to create a game select like the Gateway team has it right now. Pressing select and the list pops up, would they be able to make the button trigger something else? As in a cheat menu or something like that in the future? Or is that stuff somehow hardware related?
afaik i don't think the button could effect anything "on" the 3ds, it just communicates with the FPGA to switch rom

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can. Windows released a update that added exFat support.

See here - http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...64gb-flash-drive/removable-disk-on-windows-xp

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I only have a few games on mine as well, but having multirom is nice since you can help prevent wear and tear on the spring loaded mechanism. Multirom also grants much more convenient access to your selection of games (can be a pain to keep track of which microsd holds which game). I suppose having a single game does keep you a bit more focused, though you could force yourself to play on one multirom.

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As usual, if the file is private, i don't link it here...
But, the email don't mention this privaty...so, i post it !

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New mail from MT-TEAM
We tested this firmware found the problem has been repaired, and tomorrow will upload the latest firmware, please pay attention to your mailbox.

Have to wait, a little more :)

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody still using Windows XP should really upgrade to at least Windows 7 anyway, jesus christ I can't believe people still willingly use a 12 year old OS whose support has ended.

Reactions: RomAnOCrY

depat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Maybe they can... of course. I think this is an awesome idea. I will report it to the team as feedback.
the hardware hack... No there is not anything like that as far as i know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nUrYC-wHwzQ?si=CIF5SWwWIx4sXmqH