Hacking MT-card Hardware Update 2.1

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like MT-card Mt managed to salvage some other Gateway features while adding one of their own. This update includes Save file backup function (.sav), restore sav file from SD card, File conversion from (.sav) to (.zav) and vice versa and finally, 3DS game dump function.

For those of you wondering, theres no 7.x encryption included with this update. Makes you wonder though, what else is there for MT to copy from GW if they can't overcome this new encryption? Diagnostics?

mt%20Card%20Ver2.1.png
MT card Hardware Ver2.1 released

10-09-2014

The update brings the latest dump function and file conversion function. To update to Ver2.1, just transfer the latest launcher.dat to the SD card and replace the old one. Hardware version remains the same.

1. Save file backup function. Backup 3DS game cartridge save to the SD card and the backup file is *.sav(flashcard mode).

2. Restore save file function. Restore save file(*.sav) from SD card to the 3DS game cartridge.

3. 3DS game cartridge dump function. The dump rom file contains save file size and corresponding game cartridge ID. The rom file is stored in the SD card and the file name is *.3dz.

4. File conversion (sav to zav). It is to convert save file from flashcard mode to 3DS cartridge mode. While converting, the ROM file (*.3dz) ID in the MicroSD card will be read. According to the ID and the existing *.sav file, a new *.zav file will be generated in the MicroSD card. Attention:it will prompt to cover if there is an existing file with the same name.

5. File conversion (zav to sav). It is to convert save file from 3DS cartridge mode to flashcard mode. While converting, the programme reads the rom file (*.3ds or *.3dz) which is in the MicroSD card, not to read the ID. According to the existing *.zav file, a new *.sav file will be generated in the MicroSD card.

Attention:it will prompt to cover if there is an existing file with the same name.

About the new features:

1. A variety of encryption methods are used in the existing savegame. When the encryption method is Ver6.0, “Backup 3DS Savegame” file is *.zav. This save file can be used in flashcard, and it is online supported, it can also be restored to the original game card(card A to card A)

2. If the encryption method is not Ver6.0, the backup file is *.sav. This save file can be used in flashcard, it can also be restored to the 3DS game cartridges(same games), of any ID.(Card A to Card A/Card A to Card B). Or via the Sav to Zav function, to generate a new *.zav file. It is online supported after conversion.

3. As the previous ROM files do not contain the save file information, all the generated save file size is 512K. If the actual game save file is 128k, we can’t “Restore 3DS Savegame” 512K save file to 3DS game cartridge. To solve this problem, our dump ROM files contain the save file information, and all the save files can be restored to 3DS game cartridge.

4. When Sav to Zav function works, the ROM file being read must contain ID information.

:arrow: Source

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Haha, they stole the last features which they can. Gateway made a better security and now they cant copy anymore. Good choice Team Gateway!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What I feel sorry for the most is the people that have paid mega bucks for an MT-Card and now its practically useless, unless of course you want to play older 3DS roms. :(

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I feel sorry for the most is the people that have paid mega bucks for an MT-Card and now its practically useless, unless of course you want to play older 3DS roms. :(

Mt-card isn't useless, it still has access to hundreds of games and nice features. They just can't access any NEW game like Smash bros, pokemon ORAS, MH4U and anything else beyond this point. If you wanna call something useless, look no further then 3DSLink/r4iDeluxe. There is literally no benefit to buying them?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i must say the gateway team is made from super talented people,even the copy cat guys can't properly copy their work,it's just too complicated for them.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Mt-card isn't useless, it still has access to hundreds of games and nice features. They just can't access any NEW game like Smash bros, poekmon ORAS, MH4U and anything else beyond this point. If you wanna call something useless, look no further then 3DSLink/r4iDeluxe. There is literally no benefit to buying them?

Yeah those maybe OK for some but lets be honest about it and not beat around the bush, it would not do for me, if I had bought an MT-Card for say 60 to 70 dollars then I would be pretty pissed off rite now because it cant be used with the new encryption games or any future titles for that matter and also the emunand cant be updated either so yes it is useless, lets not try and defend it and be happy about the matter!

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah those maybe OK for some but lets be honest about it and not beat around the bush, it would not be for me, if I had bought an MT-Card for say 60 to 70 dollars then I would be pretty pissed off rite now because it cant be used with the new encryption games or any future titles for that matter and also the emunand cant be updated either so yes it is useless!

Your only thinking in terms of "The Now". Gateway and MT-card both came out a year ago promising to play a very limited number of roms when people initially bought them. Everything else (online, dumping, region free, firmware spoof, SDK 5+ encryption, game dumping, etc) is all extra no one even knew was possible which pays for itself 10 times over. Even if someone were to buy a new MT-card today, they would still have gotten their money's worth after downloading 3 games.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Your only thinking in terms of "The Now". Gateway and MT-card both came out a year ago promising to play a very limited number of roms when people initially bought them. Everything else (online, dumping, region free, firmware spoof, SDK 5+ encryption, game dumping, etc) is all extra no one even knew was possible which pays for itself 10 times over. Even if someone were to buy a new MT-card today, they would still have gotten their money's worth after downloading 3 games.

Thats OK m8, if your happy with your MT-Card rite now then good on you, you carry on using it and be happy being stuck on 7.1x firmware but me, shit, if I had bought one I would be on the war path rite now because I would be feeling I have wasted my good hard earned cash on buying one and this is how I feel for all those poor bastards that have bought one and relied on MT-Card group to provide them with an excellent service that has let them down! Also you can't say anything about the other 3DS flashcards like link/R4 etc.. they cost next to nothing to buy, those that have bought one of them, well they should of expected that anyway, its was an obvious route they were going down at those sort of prices!

Vengenceonu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats OK m8, if your happy with your MT-Card rite now then good on you, you carry on using it and be happy being stuck on 7.1x firmware but me, shit, if I had bought one I would be on the war path rite now because I would be feeling I have wasted my good hard earned cash on buying one and this is how I feel for all those poor bastards that have bought one and relied on MT-Card group to provide them with an excellent service that has let them down!

Psh no I have a Gateway, I'm just helping Mt-card buyers justify their purchase.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Mt-card isn't useless, it still has access to hundreds of games and nice features. They just can't access any NEW game like Smash bros, pokemon ORAS, MH4U and anything else beyond this point. If you wanna call something useless, look no further then 3DSLink/r4iDeluxe. There is literally no benefit to buying them?

Pokémon? There is no one with access to this, it hasn't even been released yet, what did you expect?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country

Right now mt card doesn't have much more than clones and it has a increased price..... And ye , basically it has become the worst inversion of all. Clones were cheap , mt card was more expensive but showed great promise. How has that been responded? with a flashcard that it's going to die too. They might be more proactive that clone cards but them also copying from gateway means they have hit a very big wall right now. If just today , with this firmware, mt card has proven that gateway has managed to protect his code for real this time , this means both clone and mt cards serve like the same purpose... only with mt card being more expensive..

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Kinda a worthless update when you can do this for free with Gateway's firmware. They don't even require you to have the Gateway card plugged in to use it.

I hope MT-Card can overcome the 7.x encryption, so that everyone else on 4.x that doesn't want to support piracy can have Emunand and Region-Free. Blocking the use of Classic mode without having a Gateway card plugged in is just repulsive.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
This is just another "we are too stupid to pass encryption" update from MT guyz. Just robbing Gateway basically.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Kinda a worthless update when you can do this for free with Gateway's firmware. They don't even require you to have the Gateway card plugged in to use it.

I hope MT-Card can overcome the 7.x encryption, so that everyone else on 4.x that doesn't want to support piracy can have Emunand and Region-Free. Blocking the use of Classic mode without having a Gateway card plugged in is just repulsive.
hardly "repulsive" tbh gateway have no obligation to provide feature to non customers.....and really it was probably just to prevent clone users from just buying ssb retail to overcome the lack of 8.x support by their clones

Reactions: Lordjontan

MYFW

Trophies
XP
Country
i feel people ought to be aware, there isnt new keys with every FW version.....its 7.x keys, they where introduced in 7.x and have remained the same till date, theres no new 8.x or 9.x keys

Yes, i know. I mean 9.x.x.x emunand boot (or 8.x.x.x boot on MT) and 7.x.x keys.

Greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn