Hacking MT-Card dead?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't heard anything from team MT in nearly 3 months. I should be fair in saying Gateway also hasn't released an update for 3DS Firmware 8.X,

I hope they both get updated shortly. There's some 3DS eShop games I'd really like to get.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gateway told me that they will make an announcement "soon" (days ago) and someone made a post showing Gateway 3ds response saying that they are finalizing their update and it will be out in the next weeks

Reactions: Haloman800

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, MT-Card had multi-ROM before Gateway (Which is why I went with them originally).

They were also lacking a lot of the compatibility Gateway had. They basically just focused on getting multi-rom to work in hopes of stealing the market from Gateway... that's the way I visualize it anyway.

Reactions: tyons

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Remember how after every updatem MT-Card would have accounts with <20 posts spam the threads talking about how great it is? Maybe multiple thread talking about how MT-Card is dead will make them release an update.

thats a stupid bad excuse..... (not personal offense)

Reactions: Haloman800

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
was it actually "released" still nothing on the site except the video...on a funny side note they reshot the video to remove the GW3D from system settings....looks like they just removed emunand as its now to showing up as Ver.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am back in the camp that MT=GW. I think at least have some under the table deal because why when GW went after the 'HK Mafia' was MT not effected. Maybe they just did a better job scrubbing the GW code when they ripped it off, but I think they are probably paying 'protection' money or something to GW as they seem to be co-existing in the market, yet from all appearances MT is 'borrowing' GW code.

Makes no difference to me as I have both products and like them both. Now that MT is doing dashboard rom mounting I hope they use the little switch on the card to do something cool like act as a detonation button to blow up your 3DS if you are raided by the police.

Reactions: Saxer

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
only thing for me that kinda derails the theory is ....if gateway = MT why would they remove the brick code opening up the possibility for would be clones to copy the firmware with no security in place....for me that would make no sense

if you go a step further and say gateway=MT=the other clones.....why waste your time making brick code in the first place....if it was all just you, you would simply just delay the cheap options releases rather than creating an actual defense only to remove it yourself.....that would just be a complete waste of time

i understand from a business point of view having market dominance is good....but if there was no competition to begin with, you already have market dominance all your doing is cutting your own profits by offering it cheaper...if gateway was the clones and they truely just wanted a cheap version for people who dont have the money for the proper version....basically if it was me i would make sure it was a watered down version i.e never give the cheap version multi-rom...not even after 6 months......you need to keep features to encourage people to buy the more expensive version ....like how apple don't allow memory cards so they can overcharge for extra memory on the iphones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off