Hacking MT-Card 2.3 Issues (Roms not loading)

Infinite_Zer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
I've been using the site for troubleshooting and other stuff for a while now, only just made an account because the issue I'm having doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

I recently updated my MT-Card to the latest version (2.3) and everything seems to be working fine, except for one major issue.

When I load the exploit and get sent back to the 3DS homepage and press SELECT to choose a rom to load, all it does is say "checking sav file" before closing the list and not loading the game. I have tested this with many roms, including some that worked on the older version of the card (1.4) and none load.

When a .sav file is not present the blue LED flashes and glows throughout the process of the file creation.
If there is one present it just flashes. During both occurrences the Checking sav file message is on screen for the duration of the process.

My 3DS is running on "Ver 4.3.0-10E", as well as the emuNAND (if it is required to update that to 9.X then please let me know.)

I can include images and video if they are required, any help is appreciated.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if you are interested maybe it's time to move on to CFW?
cards like MT and gateway are no longer needed... and are kinda obsolente now..

D

Deleted User

Which one? I thought CFW was a catch-all term.
And do you know any good installation tutorials (video preferred)?
Which? Luma. Noob friendly, easy to use, updates regularly and huge community.
Tutorial- thats the best. Everyone use it.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
With that u can get luma cfw as an emunand or as a sysnand (aka a9lh) which is better faster etc. U deceide which route to take when youll get there.

Infinite_Zer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm most likely going to upgrade my 3ds to 9.2 (or buy a better one on that firmware) and install Luma3DS, leaving my MT-Card obsolete.
Does anyone know how to fix it (if there is any issue) so I can sell/give it to a friend?

Infinite_Zer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me,what is "catch-all term"?
I thought it was just a generic word describing any custom or third-party firmware
I had seen there was a decent variety of firmware and was curious as to which one is best
I have only learnt about them in the past few days though, so my knowledge is very lacking

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Infinite_Zer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand what CFWs are and I'm planning on installing Luma3DS and A9LH through this guide
But if I am going to do so, I'd like to get my current card fixed so I can at least sell it

Infinite_Zer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I have tried for several days myself but I can't get it to work.
If I don't need to update my 3DS I would like to know before I do it, as downgrade methods are very hard and I don't want to do things that will only hinder me
Images and video can be uploaded if you need

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
FIrst off, don't use youtube tutorials for A9LH installation. They become outdated very quick. Use this guide instead: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Be careful using an MT-Card. I don't remember which version it was, but they're notorious for bricking 3DS's.

(Doesn't know how to solve the problem originally described.)

Reactions: gnmmarechal

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I have tried for several days myself but I can't get it to work.
If I don't need to update my 3DS I would like to know before I do it, as downgrade methods are very hard and I don't want to do things that will only hinder me
Images and video can be uploaded if you need
I guess you are in 4.5 using system settings exploit right? Go to part 1 here, and select the option that you want (if you are in 4.5, then 4.5 mset is the best)

NEVER follow youtube videos, follow the guide I sent or you may brick your consile because videos mau be outdated.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
FIrst off, don't use youtube tutorials for A9LH installation. They become outdated very quick. Use this guide instead: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Be careful using an MT-Card. I don't remember which version it was, but they're notorious for bricking 3DS's.

(Doesn't know how to solve the problem originally described.)
iirc, it's a GW clone, and GW added brick code to their own software to brick people using clones.

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
If you had Gateway I would have recommended Plailect's guide of A9LH V2 and chain load Gateway's payloads but if I had a MT Card, I would just stick to CFW. Yeah. Follow what everyone else is saying.

Infinite_Zer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for all the help, I'm going to follow the procedure in the wiki when I have some free time.
Have flash cards become paperweights now you can just use the CFW on an SD card? I would personally prefer to use the CFW for homebrew stuff as well as backups but I would like to be able to resell it (if the market even exists anymore).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Cheers for all the help, I'm going to follow the procedure in the wiki when I have some free time.
Have flash cards become paperweights now you can just use the CFW on an SD card? I would personally prefer to use the CFW for homebrew stuff as well as backups but I would like to be able to resell it (if the market even exists anymore).
I still use my Gateway, I like being able to load .3DS roms.
But MT-Card is no longer supported so it's not very useful anymore.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1