Mr. Sitwell in Turbo WC Magical Adventure (Wii Entry)

Discussion in 'Homebrew Bounty Entries' started by Garrote, May 31, 2011.

May 31, 2011
    • Newcomer

Garrote New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Name : Mr. Sitwell in Turbo WC Magical Adventure

Author : Gabriel Garrote

Origin : Spain

[IMG]

Short description : Mr. Sitwell was your everyday middle-aged office-working guy, he had an uneventful and kinda boring life, until the day he discovered his toilet was enchanted...

How to play:

Move by pointing to the screen, shot with A button and use bombs (once adquired) with B button. There is also an unlockable aiming function performed twisting the wiimote.

-Upgrading: Between stages you can upgrade Mr. Sitwell, upgrade points are awarded at the end of each stage depending on how many of the enemies you destroyed:

Below 50%: No points awarded.
    Above 50% and below 80%: 1 Upgrade point.
    80% and above: 2 Upgrade points.

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?9p2zh3n6qxddx10

Update- Version 1.2: (Although I forgot to update the meta.xml and it still shows "1.0" as the version, so you'll have to believe me xD)

-Much better looking title and menu screen.
    -Improved intro.
    -Mr. Sitwell has voice now.
    -Improved visibility of enemy bullets.
    -Live 0 now counts as a live, as opposed to before, when 0 lives meant game over.
    -Toned down a bit the excesive wii mote rumble on third boss battle.
    -Hit points of some enemies tweaked.
    -A lot of minor bug/glitch fixes.

(I wish i had time to add some new stages, though)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?th42aly23jqqavr

And a Pc versión if anybody wants to try it (It could be easier to play with mouse for most people)

Pc versión: http://www.mediafire.com/?wco9pk22chggyyk (EDIT: Bad link, use this one instead)

Note: on the Pc versión, the "twist the wiimote" function is emulated by W and S keys. Enter key for pause.

Gameplay tip: The collision zone of Mr. Sitwell actually its just his head, so you can dogde bullets even if they touch Sitwell's body. Knowing this is pretty useful when surrounded by enemy fire.
    • Newcomer

Garrote New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    UPDATED!! See original post
    • Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    Thanks for the update.

The enemy bullet visibility was a big problem, I'm glad it's fixed [IMG]
    I never beat the first boss ;__;
    • Newcomer

Garrote New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    Wow, I thought the first one was pretty easy so I granted him a shot attack and more hit points in the 1.2 version [IMG]

When he extends his arms and begins to shake, keep moving away (in any case, just dont stay still) and he should miss you [IMG]

It also helps (in general trough the game, not just that boss) to keep calm and move smoothly, so you avoid accidentaly pointing out of the screen...
    • Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    yes, it's just that I tried only 2 times [IMG]

Though, when I see he is shaking, sometime when I moved the wiimote to escape I get locked in the TV borders.
    Maybe I point out of screen.

I don't know how the wiimote pointing is working, is there a safe area around the TV?
    Like if the TV border is the maximum wiimote area, maybe you could reduce the wiimote area to allow a little "pointing out of screen" to keep moving the sprite and not freeze it right when it reach 0 ("if (x < 0) x == 0" to not make it disappear partially from the screen but still continue to move Y)
    I'm not explaining clearly what I want to say, sorry [IMG]

I didn't try v1.2 yet.
    I'll tell you how I find it and I'll be sure to beat the boss [IMG]
    • Newcomer

Garrote New Member

Message Count:
    Spain
    I think I understand what you are saying, I'll try to fix it (But since the deadline is over I'll take a break before working on that xD)

Thanks for the feedback! [IMG]