• Start date
  • Views 7,190
  • Replies 67
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted_171835

OP
loved this episode, this show is really becoming something

although i do notice that the show does come across as kind of derivative at times. it takes a lot of ideas from other films and shows like Fight Club (ofc), American Psycho (Tyrell) and even DBZ with that scene with the CTO.

"that's the look"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know we do not have too many episode by episode threads for TV shows around here, and frankly I quite like the start of and end of series approaches to discussion, but I will continue with this.

A couple of episodes ago I made a comment about filler, this was not that but I am not sure it was wall to wall content either. Had a tiny bit of character building which was nice but for a show with 12 episodes (unless they actually managed to embrace the second series being assured which is great to see if so) the taking the time to smell the roses thing is cause to raise an eyebrow.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck :mellow:

All I have to say is that the next episode better have a damn good explanation... because this is on the verge of ridiculous.

Serious opinion: This show is excellent, and while I realize that the show may have been building up to this reveal, it kind of made me angry? I don't really know how to explain it, but I think maybe the show's creators are going overboard with Elliot's insanity, and ultimately reducing the amount of actual substance in the TV show. Sure, fans can call everything in the show a figment of Elliot's imagination because they read it on IMDB, but I don't see how that makes the show any better/worse. This episode was great up until the end which boiled down to a classic annoying cliffhanger.

Last edited by endoverend,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First couple of episodes really had me hooked. I was like "alas, a show that is saying something!"
And then it turned psycho-sexual and homo-erotic just like every other show.

Turns out Humans is fantastic though!!!

Checked out the pilot and really really liked it. Well-written so far, tech stuff is pretty accurate, gave me pretty mad Fight Club vibes and was definitely entertaining. If anything, this will fill the Person of Interest void for me this summer.

Anyone else watch it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of all the stuff to have happened thus far this was the ridiculous episode?

Anyway it has still yet to reach the heights of the first episode for me but I am not as concerned as I was.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hey remember when I was right the entire time ;O;

They're making it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too obvious that the Christian Slater character isn't even real. Like, it was more of a mystery the first couple episodes, then screwed it all up this one where the one time he's actually talked to directly by someone...it's in a dream.

Still a pretty ok show, though.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, people can now finally stop asking on IMDb who/what Mr. Robot is as this episode has covered it. Just one more to go.

I'm loving this show. Brilliant.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Series finale next week. Wonder what will happen.

I quite liked this episode though I am back to the TV designed for binge watching thing. I imagine a three parter between this and next week's episode will be great.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I read on IMDb that an Australian aired version of Mr. Robot has all the f-bombs uncensored but meh, it's not like it'd make the show any better than it already is. I'll definitely rewatch it when it comes out on Blu-ray or Netflix.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah dude, I just read that they delayed the episode due to the Virginia Shooting. Like what the fuck, I get it, people died but come on don't delay a show because of it. Shootings happen because stupid people have access to guns.

I was so anxious to watch Mr. Robot this week. :(

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah dude, I just read that they delayed the episode due to the Virginia Shooting. Like what the fuck, I get it, people died but come on don't delay a show because of it. Shootings happen because stupid people have access to guns.

I was so anxious to watch Mr. Robot this week. :(
It's not just because of the shooting-- the finale reportedly had similarities to the events of the shooting itself and it would be distasteful to air it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not just because of the shooting-- the finale reportedly had similarities to the events of the shooting itself and it would be distasteful to air it.
This is not the first time such a thing has happened, however I have never quite figured out why it would be considered distasteful.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is not the first time such a thing has happened, however I have never quite figured out why it would be considered distasteful.
The Americans are way too overly sensitive.

One thing that boggles my mind is how they're OK with violence but sex is a no-no. Typical Grade A bullshit.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
First impression of the last episode. WTF! Wiki says there will be a second series hope the viewers get some answers if that's true. This thing is like a cross between fight club, Jacobs ladder and twin peaks. I love all the technical stuff about the series but where the hell is all of it going. Probably just miffed with the cliffhanger its left.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not that I know anything about the events that saw this postponed but was this episode trimmed or something?

Anyway some great cinematography. I am going to have to watch it again to figure out how they did some of that.

Content wise I am wary of timeskip techniques in much the same way I am with amnesia ones, though perhaps not the same extent. This pulled it off though.

Also the sidestory with his psychologist... something did not sit right there with me.

I shall have to sit and have a think though before I go further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning