nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why don't you normalize then to the 0db limit by software on PC
and fuck up the mastering of the music?
you have no respect for artists.
And you have no respect for other people's opinions...
It's much better than not being able to hear a thing.
Also, do you understand the meaning of "free" space in audio?
Volume can be boosted by great ammounts in the majority of CDs without ever changing the original dynamics of the spectrum, because it's, well, free space.
As a hobbist dj/producer, im experienced in mastering tracks myself, and it's always done so the music sounds ok in the widest variety of systems and speakers, and that includes leaving enough free space for boosts and tweaks by the final users. That doesn't mean you cannot adjust them yourself for your own system if you want, it's the reason why they are never close to 0db in first place, to allow people to equalize or boost them freely.

By your logic, using a soundsystem's equalizer, bass enhancer or the likes, is a disrespect to the artists.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Loudness war has nothing to do with this thread, you are detracking badly from the topic. Sorry, but how much the studios tries to boost tracks volumes isn't related to what the final users do with them.
If you wanna boost your volume or any band of frequency, it's your problem and personal choice.

3DS MP3 player is very quiet, many music tracks need boosting before going to SD card, or you can't hear a thing.
If you don't like it, don't do it, simple as that.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometimes the mp3s themselves are not that loud, if you really want music then use a audio editing program to increase the volume

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
mine's gimped, but i live with it. how?

buy a cheap pocket amp. i have one of those rechargeable belt-clip types, and it's fucking loud. it has its own power source so it doesn't sap from the 3DS. the quality of the amp is surprisingly clear despite being hugely amplified so i'm happy there. Elite Beat Agents is awesome, and so are those titles where you sing (the DS/3DS mic picks up the audio from the amp just fine without feedback, as long as it's not too near).

I can probably busk on the street now if want to, I have Jam Sessions and those DSiware Music-On apps.

Reactions: 1 person

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me... the most effecient way to boost sound/music volume without using Moonshell to blow up your music to fuzz, or use Audacity to edit all your music rips/MP3's is to get a Fiio E6.

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Headphone-Amplifier-Micca-Cable/dp/B005JT8OT6

I too also had an issue with the 3DS sound being way too weak. So I looked into headphone amplifiers, and found the Fiio E5, only to learn that a new Fiio E6 just released. The E6 sporting a 10-12 hour rechargeable battery, and the new addition of EQ modes (adds more bass and etc...). The size of it is about twice as thick as a DS cart, and a little bit wider, so its very pocket-friendly. It compliments the 3DS perfectly by not only having a matching LED, but allows you to increase the volume of your 3DS music/sound to the point where it won't blow out your ears. It also has improved noise reduction over the E5 model.

This is the solution I came to to solve my own 3DS music woes, and I'm much, much more happier this way than editing my music files. I would say this is essential to the 3DS as screen protectors are, and I don't say that lightly as I think 99% of all NDS and 3DS accessories are just plain useless crap. What you get in the order is the essential unit and cords you'll need, and is the best/cheapest, most portable headphone amp that you can get, anywhere. The next best thing is $70 and is the size of a smart phone.

Obviously if you and your kids aren't adept to using headphones while gaming/music, then you don't need it, but if you yourself is into music, then you should atleast get one for yourself, and possibly share.

And to give you an idea of how precious it is to me, I don't buy any random crap on Amazon. I spend roughly a week or more researching any product I'm thinking about buying, and then I only buy it if I might think it may be an item that is only necessary. I never buy stuff that I don't plan on really using because I'm a bit cheap like that (I still use a 7 year old PC).

The included USB and audio cables are of high-ish quality. They look and feel really sturdy for "free" cables.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this headphone amp, it works great
41uxWjiuIyL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details

From what I've read on forums, I'm convinced there are some 3DS systems with adequate volume, and some with gimped volume. Also, I played a 3DS kiosk at Target and the volume was way louder than mine.

Also I agree the mp3 player is great (realtime pitch/tempo control, meowing, etc)
My E6 can kick your E5's ass

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte