Homebrew Moving SNES games to PC?

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a RAR of FF5 I've been working on, but I'm about to lend my Wii to a friend since his doesn't have GC ports. Does the SNES emulator for Wii alter the ROM file itself so I can continue my file on my laptop, or will I need to look for a save file? I'm gonna use the ZSNES for PC, and I'm using the Wii counterpart now.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ooo, do tell me which Wii SNES emu plays .rar files, and how you've got a Wii version of Zsnes! :P
I was initially gonna go into rant mode on you here ("you're posting from the PC you're gonna use? FUCKIN' TRY IT YERSELF!!", etc etc) but I'm in a good mood, plus if you're new to emulators you can be forgiven for thinking your rom gets altered, even if rom stands for Read Only Memory......:lol:

Once you plug in your Wii's sd or usb into your PC you should also easily find a FFV '.srm' file, this is your save game. (When I say 'should', this can depend on the emulator you use - if you use snes9xgx there's a good chance it'll be in \snes9xgx\saves, RetroArch? Probably in the roms directory - if you can't find it, simply search the drive)
This should then work on your PC emulator..... tip: Don't use Zsnes as it's rather crap, and was only useful back in the Pentium MMX days (ahhh memories!!) - either go for snes9x 64bit or Bsnes.

Reactions: super mario 128

Jim-Luc Tiberius Kirkard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooo, do tell me which Wii SNES emu plays .rar files, and how you've got a Wii version of Zsnes! :P
I was initially gonna go into rant mode on you here ("you're posting from the PC you're gonna use? FUCKIN' TRY IT YERSELF!!", etc etc) but I'm in a good mood, plus if you're new to emulators you can be forgiven for thinking your rom gets altered, even if rom stands for Read Only Memory......:lol:

Once you plug in your Wii's sd or usb into your PC you should also easily find a FFV '.srm' file, this is your save game. (When I say 'should', this can depend on the emulator you use - if you use snes9xgx there's a good chance it'll be in \snes9xgx\saves, RetroArch? Probably in the roms directory - if you can't find it, simply search the drive)
This should then work on your PC emulator..... tip: Don't use Zsnes as it's rather crap, and was only useful back in the Pentium MMX days (ahhh memories!!) - either go for snes9x 64bit or Bsnes.

I've been posting from my phone. I know it doesn't play the rar but the ROM within. Been years since I've emulated on PC since I've had a string of modded systems starting with PSP somewhere between '06 and '08, then Xbox, now Wii. I had so many I didn't really pay attention and never researched much into it. I saw the SRMs, but wasn't sure if those were save states or not. It is snes9x for Wii, I had just gotten confused over the acronyms. Last time I used ZSNES was probably on a desktop my family had when I was young.

Reactions: mightymuffy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome