XP
Country

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly i just copy and pasted mine and nothing really bad happened, but that was after following the luma guide then doing a system transfer. Not sure if our situations are similar...You can try to copy and paste just dont touch the source card material til after you verify it works

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have an EmuNAND, it's as simple as formatting the new SD card to FAT32 and copying the files over.

The guide you linked would work as well, but isn't necessary if you don't have an EmuNAND you want to save.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are not using emunand then DON'T USE THE GUIDE. The guide is for instructions on emunand.
If you are using sysnand, then just copy the stuff from one sd card to the other. Make sure is formatted to fat 32 before you copy the stuff, although i don't think is necessary to have more than 32 GB since nintendo clearly didn't intend anyone to be using more than that unless you plan on having a bunch of install games on there which nintendo also didn't intend since the 300 limit is there.:unsure:

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have an EmuNAND, it's as simple as formatting the new SD card to FAT32 and copying the files over.

The guide you linked would work as well, but isn't necessary if you don't have an EmuNAND you want to save.

Ok, thank you very much. Will give it a go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are not using emunand then DON'T USE THE GUIDE. The guide is for instructions on emunand.
If you are using sysnand, then just copy the stuff from one sd card to the other. Make sure is formatted to fat 32 before you copy the stuff, although i don't think is necessary to have more than 32 GB since nintendo clearly didn't intend anyone to be using more than that unless you plan on having a bunch of install games on there which nintendo also didn't intend since the 300 limit is there.:unsure:

Yes I have run out of space on a 64gb card lol But I'm planning on adding all my roms for the emulators I have so that's why I need more space

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank you very much. Will give it a go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I have run out of space on a 64gb card lol But I'm planning on adding all my roms for the emulators I have so that's why I need more space
Yeah i understand :)

That is a problem but i was just saying that nintendo sure didn't know people would hack or play emulators or stuff on the system and need that much space, all but 32 which is used mainly for eshop downloads, pictures, music and DLC. So is Very easy to run out of space espeacilly if you use homebrew or cfw like emulators, emunand, or Large file games like Metal gear solid 3d or stuff with lots of dlc like fire emblem. Just use compressed roms okay? Put them into ZIP format archives if the emulator supports it to help save space :D

Reactions: MartinDocNewland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/liquid-cooling/intel-and-exxonmobil-working-on-advance...