ROM Hack Move ROMS from Sandisk SD to Samsung SD?

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a 64gb Sandisk SD card (exFAT) which I used for 3ds roms on my New 3ds XL - Using Gateway. It works perfectly. I bought a new 128gb Samsung evo SD card and I tried copying all of my 3dz files from the 64gb sd to the 128gb sd (both exFAT) but when I try to launch games from gateway on my 3ds Only a few appear w/ the image icon and the rest appear blank.

I tried to point Gateway Rom Patcher v1.1 to one of the Roms on the 128GB and it said invalid ROM. I remembered that when I modified the header on the 3ds roms and changed them to the 3dz format it detected the chip ID (sandisk SD) and it made a few changes. I assumed that I needed to do this as well with the Samsung card. So i grabbed again a fresh rom from my PC and when trying to use "auto-detect" chip ID on the gateway rom patcher it says. "New Chip ID Generated. Manufacturer can't be verified, and it still shows the manufacturer as SanDisk I try to choose from the dropdown but Samsung is not listed.

Is there a process that I am missing here?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Pecrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might of received a FAKE Samsung SD card... dang, I am testing with H2testw right now, will update back shortly.

====ugh====

95% complete - 0 min 11 sec remaining
Memory tested in blocks of 25600 sectors.

BAD MEMORY from sector 32833404 (16,031.9355MiB) to sector 262132604 (127,994.4355Mib)

WARNING: no memory detected at one or more locations.
Test took 3501 seconds.

*** FAILED ***

DEVICE HAS DUPLICATE OR BAD BLOCKS!

Recommended maximum usable partition size: 16,019.4355Mib (approx. Last good Sector=32833404)

Last edited by Pecrow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)