Hacking Move Pokemon CIA save to Retail?

prototech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that you could manipulate Card 2 save data completely with the SaveDataFiler, but this doesn't seem so. I can backup my Pokemon's CIA save, but I can't import it to my Gateway, and therefor I can't import it to my retail cartridge.

When I try to backup my save to the CTR card (which would leave a .sav on the SD card) it says it succeeds but I do not see any .save on my SD card.

I am planning on buying a N3DS soon and I would like to play my retail games if possible but I have been using CIA's exclusively for a while now. I successfully did this with a Card 1 save, so it seems like this is just an issue with Card 2.

If anyone can clarify this that would be great.

Thanks

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
Card 2 game like pokemon saves its data directly to the ROM. You only need to import the save data to the CTR card (press L+A in SaveDataFiler) and it should work.

prototech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Gateway's emuNAND and I'm having an issue with this. When in emuNAND, my retail Pokemon cartridge does not show up in SDF. Would I need to use Palentines CFW?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using Gateway's emuNAND and I'm having an issue with this. When in emuNAND, my retail Pokemon cartridge does not show up in SDF. Would I need to use Palentines CFW?
AFAIK Classic mode is required to read other cartridges while using Gateway, but then you can't use SaveDataFiler. Gateway mode is required to use SaveDataFiler, but then you can't use your retail cartridge. Essentially, you're unable to inject saves into retail cartridges, without something like PowerSaves. It may be possible with CFW, but only with another game, since CFW can't run games with the new save encryption.

Reactions: Rhokk222

prototech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's what I figured. Seems like this is perfectly possible with Card 1 games using SDF and the Gateway launcher, but not Card 2. I guess I'll be starting over Pokemon (again), but this will happily be the last time. I was able to save my Mario Kart save so that's good.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah that's what I figured. Seems like this is perfectly possible with Card 1 games using SDF and the Gateway launcher, but not Card 2. I guess I'll be starting over Pokemon (again), but this will happily be the last time. I was able to save my Mario Kart save so that's good.
If you have a N3DS i think this becomes possible now if you are on 9.2 or lower you can backup and reinject saves back into retail games with a CFW and also supports card2 games as well.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a N3DS i think this becomes possible now if you are on 9.2 or lower you can backup and reinject saves back into retail games with a CFW and also supports card2 games as well.
Ntr cfw 2 + save game plug in. On n3ds only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.