Most annoying or scary enemies

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sportscarmadman said:
MY Scarest game would have to be silent homecoming it is really scary just look at this thing
silent-hill-homecoming-20080819104431449_640w.jpg

OR DEAD SPACE EXTRATION
dead-space.jpg

That is really fricken creepy... SERIOUSLY!

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scariest:
Another vote for Unagi the Eel.
Also, those regenerating motherfuckers from Resident Evil 4, who made that creepy sound.

For annoying, try those god damn Medusa Heads from Castlevania.

OR WAIT. NO, THE SCARIEST ENEMY EVER HAS GOT TO BE THE FUCKING DEAD HAND FROM OCARINA OF TIME!
Dead_Hand_attacking.jpg

FISHY_au

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
GizmoDuck said:
Most annoying:
Those floating Medusa heads from Castlevania.

Most scary:
The Like Like from Zelda: OoT scared the crap out of me. Not only does it look creepy as a giant, burned up hand, but it sends you back to the start of the dungeon!
Umm, not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the like likes were not those hand things, they were the big blobs that eat you and suck on you and then spit you out after they steal your shield. the hand things are called "Master Hand"
i dont know why but they are.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
.:Crimonite:. said:
GizmoDuck said:
Most annoying:

Most scary:
The Like Like from Zelda: OoT scared the crap out of me. Not only does it look creepy as a giant, burned up hand, but it sends you back to the start of the dungeon!
Umm, not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the like likes were not those hand things, they were the big blobs that eat you and suck on you and then spit you out after they steal your shield. the hand things are called "Master Hand"
I always thought they were called Wallmaster

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
.:Crimonite:. said:
GizmoDuck said:
Most annoying:

Most scary:
I always thought they were called Wallmaster
There is Wallmaster and Floormaster. One comes from above you and the other fuckers just jump off the walls and run at you. The Wallmasters were bigger though and were the ones that actually grabbed you.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Annoying:
- Materia Keeper, FF7. Until I discovered the trick with Aeris' Seal Evil Limit Break, this guy handed me my arse a few times. My skills have greatly improved since then, but when I first fought him he destroyed me.
- FFXII. Nothing in particular, just the whole game annoys me in various ways at pretty much every part of the story. But if you need an enemy as an example, Judge Ghis. At least I think it's Ghis. The one on the airship about a third of the way in.
- Pretty much anything in Gauntlet Dark Legacy on the Gamecube. A multiplayer fave around here, but damn am I sick of all these ankle biters.
- The Sun, Mario 3. I just don't get what that guy's problem is.
- Anyone else on the road, Burnour Paradise. When I've had a few beverages, I somehow end up arguing with my friend Kai as to my driving abilities. End result is always me getting my fastest car (right now my Jansen p12 because I lost my previous save data), putting the game in first person, switching on the six axis controls, and trying to see how far I can get while boosting constantly. Might not sound that hard but consider exactly how much I've had to drink at this stage and you'll understand why I find other drivers incredibly annoying. Lesson learned, drink driving sucks even in video games.
- enemies a clear 40 levels below me in the Final Fantasy series. If you insist on stopping what I was doing to make me fight some random fiends, at least give me a challenge. Stop making me fight things that are so damn weak they'll probably fall over dead before I get within ten feet of them.

Scary
- that...thing in the ice caves in Uncharted 2. Caught me off guard first time.
- The Lickers, Resident Evil 2. I distinctly recall seeing it for the first time when I was a kid and it scared the bejesus out of me.
- The giant woman in Dante's Inferno. It's not even out yet (playable demo in December tho if you hadn't heard) and already I'm scared of this chick. With good reason. A devil woman the size of Godzilla, trying to kill you, with nipples that split apart so demonic children with scythes for arms can crawl out of her bewbs. You SHOULD find that scary. That is what scary is for.
- Lezard Valeth, Valkyrie Profile 2. Because it's quite alarming to see the extent to which he loses his mind over the course of the story. When you first meet him he sounds pretty much normal. By the end of the game he demands you bow to him, worship him and honour his name. Then he smacks you in the face with a meteor. Now that's disturbing.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
scary:
the hunters' in resident evil one, at the point these creatures appeared the game became unplayable for me in the age of 13 years'^^, too scary:.

annoying:
the flying medusa heads in castlevania, the flying hands in zelda alttp

Empoleom

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the most annoying chester from super mario rpg they are hard to kill and it can summon bahamutt to make it harder and the most scary are the ones from tanetane island in mother 3 because the look likes friends and family but they hate the player

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bet it's already been said by someone, but the most annoying and scary enemy of all time for me is

The Wallmaster (Legend of Zelda OoT and MM version)

Wallmaster.jpg

It's a giant zombiefied hand, drops down from the ceiling to grab you, makes a growling noise before it drops, and it takes you back to the beginning of the dungeon making you go back through it.
It scared me to death when I was a kid. Only thing that can make it worse is if your in the graveyard dungeon.

Snacker is my second place enemy. (Banjo Kazooie)

Snacker.png

He is a shark, he appears from nowhere, he has a jaws like theme song, he constantly talks about eating you.
Me and my siblings where deathly afraid of snacker and all except me never finished Banjo Kazooie.

My enemies may not have the bite (figuratively speaking *looks at snacker*) of a tough enemy, but they sure had a bark (or growl in Wallmaster's case).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most annoying are the Tickers from Gears of War.
2nd most annoying would have to be a Jockey from L4D.

Scariest enemies would be Re - deads for The Legend of Zelda OOT.

double_vision

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you guys remember the sewers in resident evil 4.... there were these giant insects that had cloaking devices on them so there were invisible until you shot them or they jumped on your back. I nearly crapped my pants the first time.

looked it up... theyre called the Novistadors
this part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6A3B1d0Ks
skip to about 3:30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over