More Classic Neo Geo games coming to PS4 as "Arcade Archives"

20160928-arcadearchives-08.jpg

Japanese game publisher, Hamster, is planning to release a few old Neo Geo titles for the Playstation 4 as part of their "Arcade Archives" collection. The following are the games that will be released:

• Alpha Mission II
  • Fatal Fury: King of Fighters
  • The King of Fighters '94
  • Metal Slug 1
  • Samurai Shodown
These six titles will be added to Hamster's Arcade Archives set on the Playstation 4, alongside already released digital games like Bubble Bobble, Contra, Double Dragon, and 37 other classic titles. The Neo Geo set of games are due to release worldwide, though there is no set date at this time.

:arrow: Source: Playstation Blog Japan

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BOOOOO!

Nothing against you @Chary but they already have SOME Neo geo games on ps4, Metal slug 3, Last blade 2, KOF XIV :P
And also the many neo geo games on PS3 and PSP on PSN, i think complete set is $70 or something, and ported by M2 which is GAWDLIKE :P

SO to that i say BOO! "Seen it before, new tricks SNK PLEASE" *Obligitory crowd riots*

Just let me know if they have online play, i might care. :unsure:

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The problem is the price.

Why should i pay 12€ for Metal slug 3 when i can emulate it on pretty much everything?

Make your games cheap and i could consider spend 3/4€ per metal slug on console to play it with my brother, otherwise i'll buy a raspberry and play it from tv (or use my pstv and retroarch)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why should i pay 12€ for Metal slug 3 when i can emulate it on pretty much everything?

Your question is equivalent to: Why should I pay for something when I can steal it instead? Which is a pointless question to ask on gbatemp.

Maybe if you posted your address and told us when it would be empty, then you could answer the question yourself.

tl;dr It's up to you to decide your own moral standard.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very nice,but is there also a scanline option?
And the price is very high for my taste,if you don't care about online mode. Your can better buy one off those "SNK collection" disc's for the PS2,XBOX,Wii and on the PS3.
Or do like me play all those SNK games on a Raspberry Pi with retropie ;)

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your question is equivalent to: Why should I pay for something when I can steal it instead? Which is a pointless question to ask on gbatemp.

Maybe if you posted your address and told us when it would be empty, then you could answer the question yourself.

tl;dr It's up to you to decide your own moral standard.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250180/

Same game, 7€

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet