Vampirex

Dhampir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,
I just figured out how to make a splash animation for MS2. Although im not that great in 2D animation, I havn't figured out or made a Splash animation w/ animation.
Although i have tested a few things, and I was able to make a Splash Screen (Still) when Moonshell 2 boots up. Im sure some of you out there might be interested in designing one.

So i created this thread so we can discuss on the matter.

Here is a sample splash.ani I made for you guys to test out and try.

Just simply put splash.ani in /moonshl2 folder in the SD root.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6251

Vampirex

Dhampir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rockstar99 said:
can i request one which is like the cyclods loading screen it would make moonshell 2 look better on my cyclo

lol, if you could get me some series of pics in order, maybe i could

Anonymous64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rockstar99 said:
can i request one which is like the cyclods loading screen it would make moonshell 2 look better on my cyclo

http://www.mediafire.com/?triigehzjoi

Delivered.... but i had to use green cause white is transparent on top
mad.gif

hope you like it!
nds.gif

Dsmanic!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anonymous64 said:
rockstar99 said:

http://www.mediafire.com/?triigehzjoi

Delivered.... but i had to use green cause white is transparent on top
mad.gif

hope you like it!
nds.gif

I put splash.ani in Moonshell 2 folder but when i loaded M2 it wouldnt load! What am i not doing correct?
frown.gif

Vampirex

Dhampir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blackiris said:
Hmm, custom splash screens...how did you make these? Can you save it as .ANI in Photoshop or do you have to save it as a certain file format, then get it converted to .ANI in a way?
unsure.gif

Save as .BMP OS/2 24 Bit. Then use MakeSplashAniForMS2 tool that comes with moonshell 2.02 stable.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I know this is an old thread - but recently I've been trying out a few splash.ani

Now I managed to do an animated one using MS 2.06 a while back, which worked with 2.06 - but I've now updated to MS 2.1beta9 - placed my splash.ani into the same place & now it don't work for some reason

So I created a totally NEW set of graphics to make a new Splash using 2.1's ani tool - but it STILL doesn't work

Any ideas where I may be going wrong ??

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the beta that had it (I'm guessing it is) but I think I once read somewhere that there was something wrong with displaying splash.ani (I think it could have been either Moonlight's forum or one of Xenon++'s readme's).

So you could be totally out of luck, although I'm betting Xenon++ knows which version had that problem (so maybe ask him about that).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.