everything works great

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Considering he seems a bit new with this, I'll explain more in depth of what Penthaler was saying, as he is absolutely correct.

You can download either the ZIP or the self-extracting EXE which is smaller from here or Penthaler's link. (Up to you but to me smaller = faster download)

Doesn't matter which one you choose but if you chose the EXE run it and have it extract to a folder on your Desktop. If you downloaded the ZIP just extract to a folder like anyone would.

Open the folder where the contents were extracted & you'll find a whole bunch of files. Go ahead and copy moonshl2.nds, LanguageSelect.exe, & the "moonshl2" folder to the root of your MicroSD. "Root" means the area where __aio is located or when you go to Start --> My Computer/Computer then double click your MicroSD, that's the root. Now once everything is copied, run the LanguageSelect.exe from the MicroSD. It will autodetect that you have copied MoonShell 2.10 to your MicroSD and ask you for your language. Select it and click okay. Once that's done, you can delete LanguageSelect.exe.

Now eject your MicroSD and launch MoonShell 2.10. Once your looked around a bit, turn off your DS and place the card back into your computer. The reason for this is because we needed MoonShell to create its INI file. Open the "moonshl2" folder on your computer and find moonshl2.ini. Inside you'll find a line of text which reads "AlwaysDisabledCheckDisk". As Penthaler instructed, set it to 0 instead of 1 if it is set to 1 then save. Basically what that means is that MoonShell will do a disk check on each bootup. I have this option disabled only because the disk check slows the bootup process of MoonShell.

Eject your MicroSD and play.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you guys may be misinterpreting the OP's request. Hellgun, do you want to use Moonshell 2.10 to boot games, using the AKAIO 1.7 loader?

Just a feeling that that's what you asked.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
fearofshorts said:
I think you guys may be misinterpreting the OP's request. Hellgun, do you want to use Moonshell 2.10 to boot games, using the AKAIO 1.7 loader?

how did you come to that conclusion based on...

QUOTE(Hellgun @ Jun 18 2010, 03:41 PM) Is that possible, anyone have a link for a tutorial on how to do it?

-another world

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
fearofshorts said:

how did you come to that conclusion based on...

QUOTE(Hellgun @ Jun 18 2010, 03:41 PM) Is that possible, anyone have a link for a tutorial on how to do it?

-another world
It might be from the title...if you think of it from the idea that the OP is an enlightened acekard user, then they probably wouldn't have added the "with 1.7 AKAIO" onto the title...and we are all obviously believers that the asking side are at least semi-intelligent, right?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
Well, the user isn't speaking so I guess it either doesn't matter or they just wanted to run it.
Well this IS a forum. Should the user need something else, he may ask and we shall provide cuz its just what we do.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Sooory... ALWAYS DISABLE CHECK DISK means that if you choose 1 (enabled) moonshell DONT DO THE CHECK DISK.
SO my mistake... ENABLE IT with 1 and save...

Elendra

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. I'm quite noob with this stuff. I have a Acekard 2i and i'm trying to use this akaio 1.7 stuff. I did what i read in this thread but it doesn't work. Also i don't have the __aio folder but a __ak2 folder. What should i do?
Thanks!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Elendra said:
Hi guys. I'm quite noob with this stuff. I have a Acekard 2i and i'm trying to use this akaio 1.7 stuff. I did what i read in this thread but it doesn't work. Also i don't have the __aio folder but a __ak2 folder. What should i do?
Thanks!
AKAIO 1.7.0 is considerably dated (there has been 1.7.1, 1.8.0 and now 1.8.1).
Also, the __ak2 folder means you're using the official AceKard menu, not AKAIO (unofficial, but MUCH more updated).

Delete the __ak2 folder and akmenu4.nds and any other 'ak___.nds' files on the root of your card.
Download AKAIO 1.8.1 from here: http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=686&f=8
Extract the files to the root of your card (install 7-zip if you can't open RAR files).

If you want to use Moonshell2 as your menu and launch games through that, I have written instructions on how to set it up here: http://gbatemp.net/t260405-commercial-rom-...t&p=3206341
Just replace "AKAIO 1.8.0" with "AKAIO 1.8.1".

Elendra

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That explains a lot of things xD
Ok thanks a lot!! Everything works great now =D
Uhm..everything but Castelvania Order of Ecclesia. This freezes quite often while playing >_>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse