Tutorial  Updated

MonsterHunterX > MonsterHunterGen Save Transfer

Guide originally created by a user on 4chan

MHX > MHGen Save Transfer

What you'll need:

-3DS with CFW or Homebrew
-Monster Hunter Generations
-Monster Hunter X
-JKSM for CFW, also JKSM is available for Homebrew (If you don't have CFW)
-This handy tool courtesy of a based anon from /mhg/
Download
Mirror link

Step 1: Use JKSM to extract the ExtData of MHX and copy that from your SD card to your PC (also extract the ExtData for MHGen, this'll make a later step easier)
Step 2: Extract the Release.zip file into a folder
Step 3: Copy the system file from ExtData to that folder
Step 4: Drag and drop the system file onto cgen.exe
Step 5: Grab the two output files from the Out folder and put them into the JKSM ExtData folder on your SD card that you created for MHGen in step 1
Step 6: Open JKSM and import the extdata to MHGen

Enjoy!

Last edited by MattKimura,

Valmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Open the converted file in a MHGen save editor and change the name... it's because you used Full-width characters which are only available in the Japanese font

thanks
I will try here
I have not used this
"but this issue will not affect in anything, my savve, right"?

TheRisingDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I learn Japanese so I would like to play MHX, I'm already at HR128 and play time is over 278hrs in MHGen... Is there a way to do the reverse of this? I would really appreciate if you could do me favour of creating something like that for me :) Thanks!

s1nharvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I learn Japanese so I would like to play MHX, I'm already at HR128 and play time is over 278hrs in MHGen... Is there a way to do the reverse of this? I would really appreciate if you could do me favour of creating something like that for me :) Thanks!

Any word on how to get this working in reverse with tweaking the batch file? Getting prepped up for MonsterHunter XX which you can transfer your character save from MHX-->MHXX, but I have my character on Generations and need to convert my save file to Japanese version.

Any help would be appreciated!

Alepsis10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any word on how to get this working in reverse with tweaking the batch file? Getting prepped up for MonsterHunter XX which you can transfer your character save from MHX-->MHXX, but I have my character on Generations and need to convert my save file to Japanese version.

Any help would be appreciated!
I would also love to know this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay