hey guys

first of all ...sorry for my bad english i am gonna write
tongue.gif

i have a question!

is it possible ... now that monster hunter G and the Tri demo are released
in japan
to make an english translation for one or both of those games
i think a lot of people would enjoy this
i dont have any coder skills or like that but i think it isnt to hart to pull of
because the demo hasnt so much text and G is a PS2 port which exsists
already in english

it would be very awesome to know what all the things in the demo mean and so on

is something like that possible???
unsure.gif

LivingToDie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it is possible but tri is just a demo and not the real version yet so i guess the demo wont be translated

and it would take much time and work while there is a big chance it would be released in europe and usa

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Somebody should def make a translation patch. Decent language patches with most of the necessary parts translated came out for jap versions of the games on PSP MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH earlier than the english release. It would be awesome if someone (or a group) made a patch for MHG, I dont for the MH3 thing though, since it IS just a demo, no need for item collecting or any of that.

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Somebody should def make a translation patch. Decent language patches with most of the necessary parts translated came out for jap versions of the games on PSP MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH earlier than the english release. It would be awesome if someone (or a group) made a patch for MHG, I dont for the MH3 thing though, since it IS just a demo, no need for item collecting or any of that.

Omgwtfisthat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Pegasos123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea
you neednt to post it 3 times
wink.gif

translation monster hunter G would be great

i dont know how a translation works but
the ps2 version is already released in english so it would be
a copy paste work
because it is a 1:1 port
smileipb2.png

dsfgd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i already posted this on emutalk:

i written a Monster Hunter G FPK Extractor
http://rapidshare.com/files/225677105/MHG_FPK_EXTRACT.rar

this tool does not uncompress the files, it just extract the content of 0000.fpk

the text is inside of \msg\, but i don't know how to uncompress/compress the files
if someone has the needed infos for me, a translation patch would be easy.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfgd said:
i already posted this on emutalk:

i written a Monster Hunter G FPK Extractor
http://rapidshare.com/files/225677105/MHG_FPK_EXTRACT.rar

this tool does not uncompress the files, it just extract the content of 0000.fpk

the text is inside of \msg\, but i don't know how to uncompress/compress the files
if someone has the needed infos for me, a translation patch would be easy.
This is the website of the team responsible for the a prior English patch, perhaps you can touch base with them:

http://www.teamhgg.org/

They have a forum there also. I REALLY WANT BOTH TRANSLATED!!!

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
this would be so awesome! I want to understand that game if im gonna play it lol
tongue.gif
i played psp versions, but not mhg ever yet. if someone does it i could kiss them... almost, depending on gender
tongue.gif

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!
dsfgd, why not answering me at EmuTalk ^^ (_Vuze_ there)
Ya, it would be pretty cool if someone could decompress the files...
hopefully this will get started soon
smile.gif

kind regards

EDIT: Well, forgot to share my knowledge bout MH3 with you :]
Capcom has written the whole text in .tpl files, which are mostly contained in a .brres file.
I didn't try to change the text though (cause I don't know a .brres repacker. I fyou know one -> PM)
kind regards

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_eyCaRambA_ said:
Hi guys!
smile.gif

kind regards

Capcom has written the whole text in .tpl files, which are mostly contained in a .brres file.
I didn't try to change the text though (cause I don't know a .brres repacker. I fyou know one -> PM)
kind regards

Hay vuze
tongue.gif
You will know me on SoC as NEiL
yaypsp.gif

I was just wondering if there is anyway the mario kart texture hack tools could be somehow used? I remember seeing .brres files before while texture hacking it.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_eyCaRambA_ said:
Hi guys!
smile.gif

kind regards

kind regards

Hay vuze
tongue.gif
You will know me on SoC as NEiL
yaypsp.gif

I was just wondering if there is anyway the mario kart texture hack tools could be somehow used? I remember seeing .brres files before while texture hacking it.

lavamasta

Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
so u guys think this is still possible? cuz this, i think should be the next thing for us gbatempers to work on. usb loader is pretty much at its max capabilities now so we should move on to this kinda stuff.
i dont think we should worry about mh3 demo though, cuz its coming out soon enough anyway in english

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lavamasta said:
so u guys think this is still possible? cuz this, i think should be the next thing for us gbatempers to work on. usb loader is pretty much at its max capabilities now so we should move on to this kinda stuff.
i dont think we should worry about mh3 demo though, cuz its coming out soon enough anyway in english

But......a demo patch means we can do a full patch when the full game comes out. I don't really care about G, but if a patch is made for it the same technique could probably be adapted for MH3

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ga1l0w said:
lavamasta said:

But......a demo patch means we can do a full patch when the full game comes out. I don't really care about G, but if a patch is made for it the same technique could probably be adapted for MH3
I know making a patch for MH3 will be sweet, but I've never played MH before and I am in love with the story and a bit of the game I have played. I really, REALLY hope that MHG gets translated for us MH noobs.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo