Gaming Monster Hunter 4G EU Leaked

Eamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here m8 I did this for it to work, found this method out to work I just wrote on another forum by me, copy & pasted it over here. Don't format your MSD card I tried makes no difference your wasting your time that way, I did but this worked:-

Anyone getting fragmentation error with this rom then run this program from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94421767/gw3ds_ver_12.zip

Place the gw3ds.exe file into your C:/Users/ folder, then open CMD as Admin, type in the box:- cd C:/Users/ then trype in next, gw3ds.exe fix (Drive letter of MSD card, for example type in " gw3ds.exe fix g:") then press enter, mine found 4 fragmentation errors all from MH4 rom and after with it completed worked perfect.
smile.png

Interesting. The quick format takes 1-2 seconds but copying and pasting 24gb back to the MicroSD card is a pain. Takes about 20 minutes. 1st-world problems :P Will take a look at the method you found.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting. The quick format takes 1-2 seconds but copying and pasting 24gb back to the MicroSD card is a pain. Takes about 20 minutes. 1st-world problems :P Will take a look at the method you found.

Don't do that at all big waste of time, copy & pasting everything and format your card again and copy everything back, I have tried it already first time pulling my hair out trying to get MH4 working, it didn't work for me at all, the same fragmentation error popped up again and again, arghh so annoying it was, cause all other roms I tested on the transfer to the M-SD Card worked perfect. After I tried this method it worked first time for me!. Just leave everything on your micro sd card put the gw3ds.exe file into your users file on your C: drive it should be in C:/Users/ just put it in the route of that folder boot up Command prompt in Admin mode and first type in the box cd C:/Users/ press enter and then type in gw3ds.exe fix "drive letter": press enter it will then fix the 4 frags in the MH4 rom it finds, put your M-SD card back into your GW card and boot emunand up, it should work!, worked first time for me. My opinion is the actual dump by Contrast is bad and corrupted, that's the problem, I knew it could not be my Micro-sd card at fault, its a 64GB PNY Elite from PCWorld so I doubt very much that sort of card would even go wrong, if I had bought it off amazon or a dodgy online memory retailer I probably would of understood the card going faulty but not in this case, no way!

Edit: by the way you can also just scan your card if you want to do that, just type instead:- gw3ds.exe scan g: for example.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any particular reason why a fragmentation error occurs?

The same reason why you can get fragmented files in every other storage device. The files take up blocks of space. If you remove one file (that is not the latest added) and then add another, there is a chance your new file gets divided into fragments in order to fit the available blocks.

That's why removing all files and then copying them back usually takes care of the problem. You can also use a tool available somewhere around here in the forum that is specifically designed to rearrange the blocks and fix the fragmentation error in GW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol