ROM Hack Monster Hunter 4 Save Editor

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to abandon the project guys due no time.. I released the code on my github. If you have any problems setting up, fell free to send me a PM.

Notice: there is a bann system, so don't try to modify anything at client side.

If you encounter a bug I'll apreciate your help for improve the editor :).

There are some things wich aren't fully finished yet like some styles and prices for the items. At the moment all things have 100z as price base. The prices will change.

Take it s a present ;)

Also the talisman generator is fully working.

NOTE: Please, before any modification make a BACKUP of your UserX file. I am not responsible for what may happen to the saved games. Use it at your own risk
=== EDIT ===

Email verification system bug fixed.

-Added quota system: You have a daily quota for items and talismans based on your HR, so more HR you have, more quota and then you'll be able to buy more items and generate more talismans per day

- 2015/11/05: Added first Character info customization (Name and gender)
- 2015/09/13: Added email verification system at registration.

================= RELEASE CODE ===================
Finally, after some month I released the code. (I was soo busy).
Here it is. Is a Symfony project. You must have installed a web server and a mySQL server.

https://github.com/didix16/mh4editor

Last edited by didix16,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why using a Internetsite to edit your Save is out of Question:

- He wants to add registration/login/password/e-mail
- In needs Internet
- If there is any interruption like timeout/browser refresh and so on > lost changes
- You need to upload / download your file what contains all your private/game related Data
- Website offline or not connectable > editor gone

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Need registration because the user file is save it in an specific folder wich is named like user name.
Yeah Interned needed but if your connection is lost, a cache is used in offline mode.
Anyway, today we are in the Cloud era, so the 99% of users, who are in a PC usually have Internet connection.

Of course file contains user data :S. And so, the file is encrypted an accessed only by the user propietary (700 permisions). Also the passwords are encrypted.

If you don't trust me,ok. I'll show you more images about this. And when finally works you will change your opinion about that.

I'll promise you not any changes will be lost. Every action is being saved or updated. IF you buy 1item, for example, your save file is automatically updated.

It's like Gmail, if you are writing an email, the text what you are typing is automatically saved in draft.

I don't understand people who speaks without the knowledge about the service that is being offering.

Reactions: LIQUIDxSNAKE

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Gmail or Clouds is for thoose who don't care if their data is shared.
Providing an Internetsite with cheats for a game thats supposed to play
online... i don't know if that will have a future, at least this is what ppl
will use it for > spoiling fun for others.

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait I guess I misunderstood the purpose of this save editor.
Can't I use this to edit my save for offline play?

I really want some good armors and weapons to use in single player. So is that not possible with this ?

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This save editor is like any other one. The etic use is a bit different. I'm making it more game friendly, that is, you are not just inject the cheat to game and nothing else. Here the 'cheats' have an ingame cost, spending your ingame money and caravan points. So its a little help to get materials, armors, etc.
If you havn't money nor caravan points, you will have to go ingame, play as always to continue using the sav editor. So I want to potencial the ingame play at a time you can use this editor to help you get the staff.
I hope you understand now :P.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ingame money and caravan points is a way easier edit than injecting Items.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-dlc-and-savefile-encryption.392183/

Simply compare your save before and after > Item 1 , Repeat this again and again until you have all Items and the website is useless to you.

Happy hunting and stay offline so others can at least have fun without you. My +200 hrs save is every second worth i played the game.

Reactions: earny

LIQUIDxSNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its looking real nice, hope you add the character customization ^^
I'll be stalking this thread :P

If you need help with Translations maybe I can help.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! After the release of svanheulen (Thanks a lot, you are the God dude!) I'm finally working on MH4U editor.

This really looks incredible, not to be annoying, but would you provide us with a possible eta? Maybe by the end of the month we'll have this amazing app?

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To LIQUIDxSNAKE : Yes, is one of my other goals, the character customization. For make it a bit 'real' I think we need get the skins of the models to view the render on screen or maybe, just for start and more uggly version, a screenshot of each skin... At the moment I'm getting the colors and making the setter color functions.

To megazero1x1: Yep it's an other idea. I'm experimenting this new form of an editor. Depend on how works, I'll make an offilne version. Also, when we can install homebrew trough ironfall hack, maybe i'll try to make a 3DS App. All ideas are wellcomed :).

To pecrow: Yeah, maybe at the end of the month I'll release the beta :), almost with the functionality of search items, buy them and injecting. Also with character Name changer, skin, hair and cloth colors setters. I want to make also the GUI item box manager but if I don't have enough time at the end of this month, I'll try to make it later.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To pecrow: Yeah, maybe at the end of the month I'll release the beta :), almost with the functionality of search items, buy them and injecting. Also with character Name changer, skin, hair and cloth colors setters. I want to make also the GUI item box manager but if I don't have enough time at the end of this month, I'll try to make it later.

That is awesome thank you very much for the reply. I cant wait for it to arrive :D. One details i just a bit confusing to me, The process would mainly be as follows (correct?)

Extract save file - Import it into the website on a PC - Edit - Import the save back into the game correct? Since this is a website, will this work directly in the 3ds' internet browser?

==edit==

By the way, the amount of detail and design on your images are just incredible, You really put a lot of work onto that

Last edited by Pecrow,

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehehe thanks! :D.

Well the process is:

SaveDataFilter -> extract save // Equal process to get user1 file -> upload to the web Server -> Edit -> Download from the web server (edited and ReEncrypted) -> Import again to filter folder of SD -> SaveDataFilter / Equal process to inject user1 file -> have fun :D

didix16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well finally I released the first alpha version. At the moment only works:

- Talisman generator
- Item buy
- Some info display
- Upload ( of course)
- Download the modified file
- Item finder

Not so much but still being functionallity. Feel free to use it!

Korma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to register but it won't let me upload my user1 file. I've tried the raw export and decrypted it, but it won't go through.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end