Hacking Monster Hunter 4 Blank Screen Gateway Omega 2.1

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It hangs on a blank screen for a short while and then kicks in but the bottom screen is blank so its not much good tbh!

Sorry yes it does work all OK, its just the first 30 seconds intro of the game its the top screen I didn't give it enough time at first but yes it works fine my end :) Shame I cannot play it though I cant speak a word of Jap so its going. :(

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wow, never noticed this, but i do have the same problem. on my white 3dsXL it works flawlessly, but on my red 3ds (noXL) it does not work and stayes on a black screen!
White XL is on 4.4, Red not XL is on 4.5, both use the same Omega 2.1 launcher and both contain the same save file....
I would really appreceate it, if someone knows a workaround.

( i vaguely remember people having trouble starting pokemon and needed to do some sort of combined button press in order to delete something..... but i cant recall the specifics)

Edit: to be clear, i played this game on both 3ds's with 2.01b perfectly. cant figure out what is wrong on the red 3ds....

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
would be great if some people with 3DS's (preferably not XL) on firmware 4.5 could try to launch the game and see what happens. thanks very much
so far i tried:
- deleting the save from the SD (not microSD) = didnt work
- changing date/time = didnt work
- use OmegaBetaLauncher = didnt work
- change language to english (from german) = didnt work

(the only other japanese game i have "kirby" does word on the 4.5 3ds aswell)

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i know that we cant download the update for the game but im wondering if, the console knows there is an update due on the game that its causing it to crash. i did try and download the update file from the eshop on my EU console to see if it would work the first time i launched the game, im thinking it may be to do with this

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
even though, i have no save file on my red 3ds, it still has my safe from pokemon and tells me i did switch the 3ds... there was a button-combination to delete even that information from the game. can someone recall that button combination???

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok, but i seem to recall that there is some button combination to delete even that information on startup, so perhaps as you said with the update problem, perhaps we can delete that information.
but honestly i think it is due to the non working setups so far being 4.5 3ds's. cant tell you why, but thats the only difference between my 3ds's, besides one being XL and the other one not

(edit: the button combo is B+X+UP for deleting the card2 (pokemon) save. did not work with monster hunter 4. still not working on 4.5 system.... didnt expect to work though)

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
im not at home at the minute but im going to give my 3ds a wipe when i get home and try it again with no wifi at all, as even with the wifi off its telling me monster hunter wants to update.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
(edit: the button combo is B+X+UP for deleting the card2 (pokemon) save. did not work with monster hunter 4. still not working on 4.5 system.... didnt expect to work though)
sure, that's a pokemon specific button combination to delete your save :) nothing to do with any other games

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it works on my 3ds xl 7.X emunand, with and without the update form the eshop installed, and it works on my normal 3ds 4.5, without the update, since this one can't access the japanese eshop

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i now factory resetted the 3ds on 4.5 (cannot play MonsterHunter). Did not work. Still plays everything fine, but MonsterHunter. I now did everything i can think of, but still no luck

it works on my 3ds xl 7.X emunand, with and without the update form the eshop installed, and it works on my normal 3ds 4.5, without the update, since this one can't access the japanese eshop

Thank you very much for testing that. i still have no clue on why this is not working on my 2nd setup, which is aswell a 4.5 normal 3DS without update and without emunand..... what a bummer!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Mines on 4.3.0 still works OK and works on the Aqua 4.5.0. Not sure the system firmware has anything to do with it, sure others just have not got a bad MH4 download, there can be bad files out there Pokemon X was a perfect example of this, some worked, some did not.

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thank you aswell for testing, but as i mentioned, on my second 3ds (WhiteXL, 4.4) the same copy in the same gateway works perfectly, but once i put the Gateway in my other 3DS, it wont start and hangs on the black screen. the 3ds now not playing monster hunter 4 has played 100+ hours on firmware 2.01b just fine

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So I've been testing again and its still the same I have tried formatting the system then the emunand and trying again and I'm still getting the black screen. As theres only 1 dump of the game I'm sure mines fine. I have downloaded it from 2 different locations as well and I'm still getting the blank screen. I am sure because of beeni that its system related. Strangely you have one on 4.4 that works and one on 4.5 that doesn't where my 4.4 doesn't work. Hmmm very strange I'm glad I'm not the only one now and hopefully we can work this out :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just trying it out on my 4.5 3DS (not XL), Omega 2.1, and wifi turned off (no game update), and I've got black screen after the 3ds logo, the two times I've tried.

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
can you guys who have it working tell us abit more about your set up and the rom itself, is it trimmed super trimmed, etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)