Hacking Monster Hunter 4 Blank Screen Gateway Omega 2.1

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
[NOW SOLVED Thanks To BEENII :)!!!!]

if you are having the black screen error when loading monster hunter you need to download and format the internal SD card in your 3ds with the panasonic SD Memory Card Tool(backup First) once formatted copy across your data again and the game will launch!!!!

thanks to beenii for testing and figuring it out :)

hi guys im posting a thread as i cant seem to find an answer but does monster hunter 4 work on 2.1?? everytime i launch it i get a blank screen and the console crashes out and has to be hard reset. ive tried all logical things to confirm its not me :
trimmed and super trimmed the rom
used a different memory card
fragmented the memory cards
tried formatting and copying monster hunter 4 only

still nothing the game just gives me a blank screen. im worried now as ive imported a copy of it so i can play online but im worried its not going to load the game in EMUnand. can someone tell me what im doing wrong if anything at all.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I will try it myself now and let you know if it works. :) Online wont work by the way that is 100% sure but the game should.

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I will try it myself now and let you know if it works. :) Online wont work by the way that is 100% sure but the game should.

i understand the online wont work with a rom of the game but when my real copy turns up i should be able to play online right???

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i understand the online wont work with a rom of the game but when my real copy turns up i should be able to play online right???

No.

Pretty sure the game needs a patch before you can go online, and as you can't access the Japanese Eshop on an EU or NA console, you can't get it.

Reactions: Wombleton

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

Well if the rom copy works then the retail should and yes you can play retails through Gateway Classic online. Not sure if classic is region free though.

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys im posting a thread as i cant seem to find an answer but does monster hunter 4 work on 2.1?? everytime i launch it i get a blank screen and the console crashes out and has to be hard reset. ive tried all logical things to confirm its not me :
trimmed and super trimmed the rom
used a different memory card
fragmented the memory cards
tried formatting and copying monster hunter 4 only

still nothing the game just gives me a blank screen. im worried now as ive imported a copy of it so i can play online but im worried its not going to load the game in EMUnand. can someone tell me what im doing wrong if anything at all.

Game works fine on my gateway, I was able to create a character and start an offline game just fine.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Works fine for me untrimmed. Also, are you importing the retail version? If so, that's not going to work unless you have a Japanese 3DS.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried it but its asking me for an update through E-Shop and I'm not sure if it is a good idea downloading it. Did you get that as well trying to play it?

Argh see what you mean you get a bottom blank screen, yes I get that as well. Someone else might know maybe the E-Shop patch is needed not sure?

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
basically the game doesnt boot, it crashes once it has been launched, both screens go black then it locks up the console and i have to turn it off by holding the power button, and yes im importing the retail version. im a monster hunter fan anyway so it not working isnt a big issue anyway but i would really like to play the damn game before its released here. its weird playing the game in english when your so used to play it in japanese haha.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Do we even have access to those kinds of patches using Gateway?

It wont launch at all for me and I used to play it alot on 2.0b1

It hangs on a blank screen for a short while and then kicks in but the bottom screen is blank so its not much good tbh!

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
unless you guys have a japanese 3ds you cannot update download the update patch.
if you are playing the rom, you cannot play online.
if you are playing a retail card, using gateway's classic mode to get around the region lock, you still can't play online since you need the update patch that you cannot download.

unless you have a japanese 3ds, and the retail game, you cannot play online.

-but about you getting a black screen... hmm no idea, it works fine on my 3ds (i tested it on the omega beta, not 2.1, but i guess it will still work)

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get a bottom black screen with yours? Did you update the E-Shop patch?

Nope. When I first launch it it sits at a black screen for ~30 seconds but it ends up booting into the game fine. Maybe try having the wifi enabled? I don't have a connection profile stored on my 3DS but I just leave it on because I'm kinda lazy but maybe it's checking that.
IzdF0zyl.jpg

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
im copying it back to a memory card now to do some more tests, but like im saying mine was just black screening all the time, im worried that it may do it with my retail copy now which means i still wont be able to play it.

sampson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try backing up the save off your memory card and removing it from the game before launching it. Perhaps the save from a previous FW is causing weird things to happen as I never launched/owned Gateway until 2.1 came out so my test case is a tad different from yours.

Wombleton

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Try backing up the save off your memory card and removing it from the game before launching it. Perhaps the save from a previous FW is causing weird things to happen as I never launched/owned Gateway until 2.1 came out so my test case is a tad different from yours.

im having to reformat my memory card now as im having the fragmention error, i will delete my save and see what happens once everything has copied back to it in about an hour

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing it with no issues at all with the ROM version.

Bought the retail game on impulse and I can't go online since I didn't do my research and it needs a patch to go online/download DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1