Gaming Monster Hunter 3 or 4?

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking of getting into the MH series but I'm not sure whether to get MH3 or to wait for MH4.
Is there a big enough difference between the two to justify getting both of them? Or is most of the stuff in MH3 available in MH4?

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait for 4, i havent played it myself but iv read it has more weapons, more monsters, more realistic gameplay (Thats a good thing, trust me), online and an actual storymode. They say its due out in early 2015 too which is only a couple of months away, so its worth waiting for because you'll never finish 3 Ultimate in that time and you wont want to start over getting all your gear and weapon again if you decide to upgrade to 4.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, i would say, buy neither unless you actually know you'll like it. monster hunter can be a blast, or it can severely disappoint you.

chances are there will be a bunch of new things in MH4, they stayed at three for so many years, making the step to 4 has got to bring significant change. but basically, the games are still very similar. just like assassins creed is pretty much always the same game.

if you have any way to do it, take a look at one of the psp games or the wii version first, since you can get those basically for free at this point. then decide if you really want to buy it on 3ds

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can get 3 on sale then go for it otherwise I'd say wait for 4 as it seems to be a huge improvement(online mode hallelujah!)

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4. it has more weapons and an online mode. 3 has underwater combat which is very hard especially on a 3ds. trust me i played both

ohsoroso

Turtle Neck Sweater.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think MH4 will ever come to Wii U because like someone said, I don't want to buy 3 and then not even be finished with it when 4 comes out but if it is never coming to Wii U i'll just buy 3 so I can really give it some investment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?