Gaming Monopoly, releases this fall

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WOW....
  1. "Monopoly for Macintosh (1996)". MobyGames. Blue Flame Labs. 2016. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
  2. "Monopoly Critic Reviews for PlayStation 3". Metacritic. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
  3. "Monopoly Critic Reviews for Xbox 360". Metacritic. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
  4. "Monopoly Critic Reviews for Wii". Metacritic. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
    "Monopoly Review // The classic board game becomes a classic Wii title". Official Nintendo Magazine. Nintendo UK. 27 October 2008. Archived from the original on 12 June 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
can't wait :creep:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Monopoly is pure dice torture. It is Game of Goose or Candyland with a different, uninspired theme. it lasts for hours on end.

Anywho, I think just think I hate games that use dice like that, and so many more accessible games are available that don't use m exist. Small World is a good example; it is like Risk, but removes the dice. Or how about social deception games, like Werewolf or even better; Avalon/The Resistance. Everyone could use their mobile phones to receive a secret role, and the rest is done on screen.

Wasn't Nintendo's decision, it was Ubisoft's. There've been digital versions of popular board games on many, many devices. More games? Sure, I'm for it.

Thought Nintendo still needs to approve of the license for each individual game; they should have just disapproved.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Board games on the Switch do make sense to me, you can lay the screen down on the table, sit around it like you would a real board game, and use a joy con like a dice. It all works on paper, but the fact of the matter is, board games like Monopoly are hollow. There isn't anything to them, and its boring to play when you consider all the more immersive video games you could instead be playing. Having said that, I think some board games would be a good fit for the Switch like Risk or Settlers of Catan.
I wouldn't do that, that would block the air vents and Switches are known for getting HOT when the air vents are blocked.
Maybe next we will get the next iteration of Fortune Street. Square Enix and Nintendo characters in a more boring version of Monopoly.
I would buy it in a heartbeat if that happened, had so many hours of fun with the Wii one.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I've noticed that it at least costs less than other retail Switch games but that's not saying much, it still won't be worth it. You're better off buying Monopoly the board game instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Board games on the Switch do make sense to me, you can lay the screen down on the table, sit around it like you would a real board game, and use a joy con like a dice. It all works on paper, but the fact of the matter is, board games like Monopoly are hollow. There isn't anything to them, and its boring to play when you consider all the more immersive video games you could instead be playing. Having said that, I think some board games would be a good fit for the Switch like Risk or Settlers of Catan.
Board games can be loads of fun but they're the types of game you need 2-4 players as well rather than solo.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monopoly is pure dice torture. It is Game of Goose or Candyland with a different, uninspired theme. it lasts for hours on end.

Anywho, I think just think I hate games that use dice like that, and so many more accessible games are available that don't use m exist. Small World is a good example; it is like Risk, but removes the dice. Or how about social deception games, like Werewolf or even better; Avalon/The Resistance. Everyone could use their mobile phones to receive a secret role, and the rest is done on screen.

Thought Nintendo still needs to approve of the license for each individual game; they should have just disapproved.
go buy jackbox party pack than, you'll love it I would think

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo digital board games are a bad idea. they just remove the point of playing a board game. I'd rather play actual video games if I'm sitting in front of a console already.

I agreed with you but he is not you. :)

My Gods, Nintendo.

As much as I like the idea of playing board games on my Switch, couldn't you at least have selected something that relies on something other than dice rolls? Like strategics / tactics? =S.

Some suggestions;
Power Grid?
Small World?
Carcassonne?
Adrenaline?
Viticulture?

I don't know but maybe one of company will release board games that you really want in the near future. :)

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
And miss out on a game for their console? Why would that be a smart choice at all? It's not like by disapproving it, they'd somehow be given a different board game as a replacement.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quotes from me

I specifically said games like Monopoly are hollow with nothing to them, especially compared to modern video games. I then went on to list board games that aren't like that with more depth to them that would be better fit for such a model like Risk and Settlers of Catan.

Last edited by duffmmann,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind i thought this was another thread
wait what XD
Screenshot_2017-06-23-12-20-39.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum