Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about the hardware side of computers... so I need help understanding this. I got a 19 inch wide screen LCD, but it only has vga input. (the box says it has RGB input, but I'm not to sure what that means, besides red green blue)

my video card has the white connectors, I think it's called DVI (again, I don't know much about hardware)

whats the difference between the two? I know that my friends monitor has two input, the vga and the white one (that my video card has)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah it is most likely DVI (realistically it could only otherwise be HDMI which is normally female or S-video), you can get an adapter for not much change:
http://www.amazon.com/DVI-HD15-Single-Link...98620337&sr=8-3

RGB is not rare in the monitor but not common either and is normally for stuff like you would find on game consoles and some video cameras.

Edit: too slow.

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is most likely DVI (realistically it could only otherwise be HDMI which is normally female or S-video), you can get an adapter for not much change:
http://www.amazon.com/DVI-HD15-Single-Link...98620337&sr=8-3

RGB is not rare in the monitor but not common either and is normally for stuff like you would find on game consoles and some video cameras.

Edit: too slow.
so if it accepts RGB... how do I take advantage of that? It only has 1 vga input (as far as I was able to see)

by the way, the DVI I have is DVI-I Dual Link (not sure if it matters)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1